Who here has actually used them?

I've ordered (so no, this is NOT a 'what should I buy' thread) a painkiller and a nailbomb, and they will be played through either a Dual Rec or a JCM 800 (2205), depending on mood.

I'm just looking for the actual experiences of others with either or both of those pups.

Good, bad, neutral etc.

I've done all the research I can reasonably do on the 'net, I'm just looking for anecdotal stories from y'all now.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
A friend of mine picked up a Warpig (or it may have been a Nailbomb) a few months ago and he absolutely loves it. Makes everything sound super mean, so much so he has to turn the gain back on his amp whenever he uses the Bareknuckle equipped guitar. I'm looking at getting some in the near future myself, they seem really awesome.
I've played several guitars with BKP's in them, and I think they're fantastic. I've wanted to put them in some of my guitars for a long time. Annoyingly, I just have trouble getting the money together to do so.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Played a Nailbomb. Loved it. Couldn't afford it though, and I'd want a matching set, not just one.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I have a Riff Raff set in my SG. It delivers a nice, hot vintage PAF tone. I've also got "Boss" set in my Tele and it also delivers; it can go from straight up rock to a nice twang. I've used the Brown Sugar set, but they were too hot for me.

I like BKP a lot. They're quality, boutique pickups without the mythology and ridiculous wait time of some dude winding things in his mom's basement.
I've had two sets of Nailbombs and have a set of Painkillers on the way. Along with a Trilogy Suite middle. Loved them, especially the Nailbomb neck. Best neck humbucker ever IMO. Bridge is good but doesn't wow me like the neck.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I have a set of nailbombs in my RGA. Absolutely love them. I don't think I can ever go back to active pups to be fair. The added clarity, punchineess and overall dynamics is MASSIVE.

Well worth the money and the hype they are getting at the moment.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Last edited by Adam124 at Feb 22, 2012,
Thanks to all for your input, I expect they will do exactly what I want them to!

Quote by mmolteratx
I've had two sets of Nailbombs and have a set of Painkillers on the way. Along with a Trilogy Suite middle. Loved them, especially the Nailbomb neck. Best neck humbucker ever IMO. Bridge is good but doesn't wow me like the neck.

I'm going to try a Nailbomb in the neck and a Painkiller in the bridge...
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Feb 22, 2012,
Quote by Arby911
Thanks to all for your input, I expect they will do exactly what I want them to!

I'm going to try a Nailbomb in the neck and a Painkiller in the bridge...

I might try that next. The Nailbomb bridge is kinda dark with not enough upper mid bark for what I like. The Painkillers I've got on order are for my 7 though. But still good enough to see if it's worth ordering a bridge to throw in my LP.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What's the point of asking for opinions AFTER ordering them again?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp

As I made clear, and others apparently were able to comprehend, I wasn't asking for opinions, I was asking for experiences.

Since you added nothing to the dialog, why are you here again?
Charles Darwin
Miracle Man neck + Nailbomb bridge

They handle an impressive amount of gain while retaining clarity.
Plus the neck and bridge sound dramatically different. It makes a
very wide variety of tones.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Feb 22, 2012,
That would be my Ideal set.

Have never played but have heard first hand and lots of clips.

Painkillers are the best for extreme metal and the nailbombs are perfect for the same genre for leads and acoustics.

Your not going to be disappointed
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by JesusCrisp

+1

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
hmmm, i wonder if i should give in to the hype and switch out the guitar fetish NYIIs in my Grestch electromatic pro with a bare knuckle combo? tempting... very very tempting!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I may be one of the last few on the planet who aren't tempted to buy a set...idk theres something in the mids I'm not too in love with. If I lived in the UK, maybe I'd pull the trigger.