im making some mods on my vk 112, i have just ordered a new speaker (the govner, eminence) and was wondering what tubes people can recomend to me..any suggestions guys?
JJ, Mullard, electro-harmonix.

Just make sure the power tubes are matched.
And have them biased after you put them in.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
what kind of tone do these provide? can someone tell me in a bit more detail about tubes, like pre amp and power amp, whats the difference?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I'm a huge fan of the EHX tubes. Stay away from Groove Tubes! Imo...
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by fastlanestoner
I'm a huge fan of the EHX tubes. Stay away from Groove Tubes! Imo...

Groove Tubes are just OEM tubes used by a bunch of companies. I believe Fender makes them IIRC, could be wrong.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
EHX are ok, I really love JJ tubes. It's a lot of personal preference.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by stonyman65
Groove Tubes are just OEM tubes used by a bunch of companies. I believe Fender makes them IIRC, could be wrong.

groove tubes is a few different makes.

I know some of them are JJ's , I just don't know the model off the top of my head. Either way, they're more expensive than just JJ brand (they are the exact same tube, as well)

I'd recommend JJ's as well. It took the harshness out of my amp and really opened it up.
jjs?? is that the manufacturer or model?? so i can have a look at them
JJ is the manufacturer, you need to match the tube type to the ones already in your amp, and get them from somewhere that test them, a lot of the newly manufactured tubes can be dodgy
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb