I know that you can write a drum part in Guitar Pro and then somehow import that into EZ/DKFH and make the drum process go a little quicker in the beginning..
I have GPro5 on my PC.. and I use my 11R/PT on my MacBook PRO..
is it possible to write that drum chart in my GP5 and then export that midi to a folder im my docs and then simply mail it to myself.. open it on my Mac and somehow get that into EZ/DKFH?
Thank you in advance for any help and guidance.
Yes, just drop the midi on the EZDrummer track.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'm not sure but I don't think EZDrummer and Guitar Pro use MIDI data in the same way (one uses General MIDI to write the notes, and the other has it laid out differently) but you can convert from GP to EZDrummer easily enough if you Google 'Guitar Pro to EZDrummer MIDI converter' or something.

As for getting the files, the easiest way would be to upload them to dropbox or somewhere similar. It isn't a problem to read the windows-based folder system on a Mac but if you create a folder on a Mac and try and read it on a Windows-based architecture sometimes the PC can't read the folder or the files it contains because Mac uses a Unix-based file structure and Windows uses something else (which is why it can be a pain to use one external hard drive for both to go between, and you often have to reformat an external harddrive into FAT32 so both PC's and Mac's can read everything on there... I think I remembered that the right way round, but it may be Windows that uses FAT32 already and Mac reads both...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
(which is why it can be a pain to use one external hard drive for both to go between, and you often have to reformat an external harddrive into FAT32 so both PC's and Mac's can read everything on there... I think I remembered that the right way round, but it may be Windows that uses FAT32 already and Mac reads both...

Wow, Windows hasn't used FAT32 filesystem since XP. I mean, FAT32 only supports up to 4GB HDs IIRC
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Wow, Windows hasn't used FAT32 filesystem since XP. I mean, FAT32 only supports up to 4GB HDs IIRC

Maybe it was formatting it from FAT32, I dunno... all I know is my old 1TB external worked on both Mac and PC until it broke in 2011, and I thougt I formatted it into FAT32 either way, I'm sure anyone who needs to know could figure it out with google
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I'd add that you should make sure that you remove the MIDI controller data that Guitar Pro exports. In some cases it can add volume and panning control data that will interfere with any changes you make in Pro Tools. So go into the MIDI Event List and remove everything right at the start that's not a note. Just to make sure. (I've worked with Guitar Pro MIDI exports in Pro Tools for almost 10 years and this is still the best thing I've learned.)
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News