Does anybody know if basses by Schecter are worth buying? I've been looking at a Schecter bass and wanted to see if I'm making a wise purchase. This is the bass I've been looking at. Link goes to the Schecter website.

(Invalid img)
This is the bass. The Stiletto Extreme-4.

Does anybody have any experience with Schecter basses?
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
from what I hear they play pretty well a friend of mine has one and enjoys it. I haven't played it but he has been playing for about 12 yrs and knows the bass pretty well. Hope this helps.
Quote by tcranston846
from what I hear they play pretty well a friend of mine has one and enjoys it. I haven't played it but he has been playing for about 12 yrs and knows the bass pretty well. Hope this helps.

This particular one, or another Schecter bass?
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
I have a Stiletto Custom-4 and it's pretty amazing. I think the color options on the extreme-4 are pretty poor but playability and sound wise I can't imagine it being any different than my custom-4. Other than the color, it's the exact same thing as my Custom-4 except with binding and different inlays
Last edited by CJ Noble at Feb 22, 2012,
I've always liked their models based on vintage styles. Like the Diamond, Model-T and Stargazer models, but I'm more inclined towards conservative body styles. Given my pleasure with their traditional models, I'd imagine their more progressive models (like that which you've linked to) reflect that same quality.

So, they get my endorsement, based on my time with them.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Feb 23, 2012,
I had one and despised it. It sounded ok when it had fresh strings and looked amazing, but the lacquer on the neck made it uncomfortable to do slides or position changes, and the EMG's were very farty when the strings died.

this was a Schecter Elite 5.

It is not a bad bass- I just didn't like the sterile sound or the glossy feeling neck.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Left Handed Schecter Diamond-P Custom Electric Bass Guitar Specs:

Road tested and reliable Grover Vintage Tuners hold the strings over the Schecter custom Top Load/String Thru high mass bridge—which allows for tensioned dropped tunings many metal players use.
I have 2 Schecter basses and I love both of them. I've played a few other models at the local guitar shop (Schecter dealer) and overall they play great. They have so many models with different finishes and pickups, you should be able to find one that has the look, feel and sound that you're lookin' for. Just take your time and do alot of research.
my buddy has the Custom 5 and he likes it. He tours all the time, so this must be reliable.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate