So I understand POD Studio and POD Farm is a DAW supplement, my question is this:

Can this software and the plugins from POD Farm be used as an amp? (Basically, I have a 120w head that I no longer am able to play at the volumes Id like). I was wondering if this software will allow me to play at headphone volumes without the tone suffering.

Do I need to have some sort of DAW software suite to get this to work?

Also, is this software capable of audio output to say... a cab if I so decided to connect one at a later time.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
I use my POD as an amp with headphones quite a lot because it's quiet and convenient. It doesn't sound too nice unfortunately unless you put A LOT of time in to playing with the settings, and even then it can be pretty thin. You don't need a DAW to do this, you just go Guitar>POD>Headphones, with the POD hooked up to a computer running POD Farm
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Thank you, is there output functionality to a cab?
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Well I know you can run it through an FX loop or into a PA system, but I doubt it would work used like that
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
The gx isn't powered so you'll need a power amp to run it to the cab. As the above poster said if your current amp head has an fx loop you could run it into that. There are plenty for free VST's that sound better than pod farm (imo) if you can't get the tone you want from podfarm. Check out Lepou, Nick Crow, Simulanalog or TSE x30 for some really good ones. You'll need a DAW, you can use Reaper (free to try, cheap to by). Reaper will also load Pod Farm so you can mix and match.