I'm looking for a name of a piece of equipment.. You can slide it on certain frets and makes the pitch go higher.. I don't know what they are called, any help please?

Also am I the only one who doesn't like using a pick?..
Its called a capo and it depends on the song for me
2001 Fender Tom Delonge Stratocaster

2004 PRS SE EG with SD JB in bridge and staggered single coils in middle and neck position

2011 Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

2010 Fender Frontman 212R

2011 Vox Tonelab ST
Yeah it's a capo, they're like $5-$15 usually. I too use fingers exclusively on some things I play, but pick mostly cause it's easier.
Depends on what style you play, but Eric Clapton and Mark Knopler both played alot without a pick...do you just not like the sound?
i thik he means a slide maybe he did say slide...

but no i prefer plaing some things with finger to pick but doesnt mean you shoudl be able to do both
You might also be thinking of a piece actually called a slide. It looks like a bottleneck or tube that the player holds against the strings to get them to ring out, and is slid up and down the neck to produce a wide variety of sounds. A capo is a spring-loaded device to hold all (usually) of the strings down, thus changing the key of the instrument.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.