(I'm new to this, don't know if this is in the right section)

I've got a Jackson from the JS series. I've been looking to upgrade it, but i can't afford to as money is tight at the minute. I settled on the idea of working with what i've got by upgrading the pickups and tuners. The tuners are sorted (grover 18:1 or if you can suggest something better but not overly expensive).

In terms of pickups, I'm totally confused on what to go for. I play metal/rock and want a decent amount of high end. They can't be muddy at drop tunings though.

I've look at EMGs, Seymour Duncans, DiMarzios and Bareknuckles. But I seriously don't know what to go for. My budget is about £150-£200 if it helps. Anything other information just ask
Personally, I'm a fan of the Gibbo 490r's in my lp studio, they give me plenty of bite, more so than my Ibanez Sabre series... If anything, steer clear of Infinity pickups.
Barenuckles are awesome. I talked with the guys over there and they seem for real. With my calculations I believe with everything they are like 250-300 for a set. If you are willing to pay that then go for it.
I would seriously look at Irongear pickups. The guy who makes them sells them himself so there's no hefty markups at wholesale and retail levels so the price is low even with their quality at least equalling DiMarzios and SDs, the low price will definitely help you with your tight on cash issues, might even enable you to get a bridge upgrade too :p (bridges definitely worth upgrading if you're looking to improve your sound and guitar)

I'm going to assume its HH as most of the JS series are. Irongear recently started offering pickups sets including a HH set made up of their "Hot Slag" bridge pickup and "Rolling Mill" neck pickup, it's a great combo for metal and rock (from as little as £50)
there's also a HSS set if that's what your guitar needs.

Check them out at http://www.axetec.co.uk/axetec%20guitar%20parts%20spares%20pickups_044.htm
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
I'm putting an IronGear Hammerhead in my current build. Hopefully I'll be able to let you know what it's like in a couple of weeks. I'll likely be stringing up with Power Slinkys (11-48 - although I grabbed some of Axetec's strings too, to see what they're like) and tuning to dropped Db.
I had Ibanez infinity pickups in a previous guitar, they were horrible! Never ever again!

I don't think I can stretch to £250 :/
Really do like the look of the IronGear pickups, and they seem very cost effective. Is the price a gimmick though? Are they low price because of low build quality/sound quality? Or are they a legit hidden gem?
Quote by von Layzonfon
I'm putting an IronGear Hammerhead in my current build. Hopefully I'll be able to let you know what it's like in a couple of weeks. I'll likely be stringing up with Power Slinkys (11-48 - although I grabbed some of Axetec's strings too, to see what they're like) and tuning to dropped Db.

Axetec's strings are pretty good, I used them on my sisters guitar, in fact, everything I've ever ordered from axetec has been awesome.
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by Van Guff
Really do like the look of the IronGear pickups, and they seem very cost effective. Is the price a gimmick though? Are they low price because of low build quality/sound quality? Or are they a legit hidden gem?

Quote by GABarrie
The guy who makes them sells them himself so there's no hefty markups at wholesale and retail levels so the price is low even with their quality at least equalling DiMarzios and SDs

The guy (believe his name is Mark) has them made in his personally owned factory in China, imported to the UK, sells them on his own website. The price you pay is effectively wholesale or less, the quality is awesome, don't know anyone who hasn't been happy with the quality.
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Gonna get myself a pair. Gonna get a Hot Slag, and one other, probably a steam hammer. But what should I put it which place? Bridge? Neck?
well... steam hammer neck with hot slag bridge gives you a hotter output bridge which is a more standard setup, but with a hot slag neck and a steam hammer bridge will give you similar outputs at both positions
Ibanez WD7 Wah