Page 1 of 24
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Recently I suddenly remembered the series Gundam Wing, which I used to watch when it was on Toonami. Back then I had no idea what the hell was happening, since the show had some pretty complex plots for a 12 year old. I just watched it for the kickass robots. But now I'm revisiting it again and it's still pretty damn cool, and now I'm keeping up with the finer points in the story too.

Anyone else like Gundams?

I also love those Gundam model kits. My wildest dreams for when I'm rich is to buy and build the biggest model kits available.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
20 IQ
I used to watch the show as a kid. I remember absolutely nothing except a vague idea of what the protagonist robot looked like with the pointed yellow thingies on the head but that's about it.

My true love was Dragon Ball Z.
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
20 IQ
The model kids were badass. I wish I got a hold of the Wing Gundam Zero Custom perfect grade edition model kit. The amount of articulation on it is insane, but I don't wanna pay $400+ for it:

also Gundam Sazabi FTW!

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
angusfan16
butts
20 IQ
Gundam Wing was cool. Think i only really watched Ruroni Kenshin and Tenchi Muyo though.
Sail upon the open skies
Holy Katana
Anarcho-Awesomist
70 IQ
Quote by FireHawk
i played a game that was like dynastay warriors with big ass robots once on 360...not sure if related...

That would be Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. Fun game.

I'm a bit of a Gundam fan; the more recent stuff has mostly been shit with the exception of 00 and Unicorn, but it's a pretty sweet franchise. Zeta is obviously the best.
guitaristren
UnRegistered User
40 IQ
I haven't really payed much attention to the old series but I did watch the first season of 00. There's a store up north from where I am and they have a 6 foot tall Zaku model but it was priced for more than $1000.
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!
70 IQ
My most recent avatar was of the RX-78. Should be no surprise. Probably gonna change it back to something Gundam-related now.

I fucking love Gundam (except Gundam SEED). Not just from the "giant robots blowing shit up hell yes" angle, but also the story angle. The (fictional) sciences at play, the story and themes, the depth of the timeline, the mechanical design, characters, everything. I have seriously given thought to writing a Gundam doujin, and I've been meaning to get back into collecting the model kits for some time now - I used to have a shit-ton of them.

I'm like the token Star Wars nerd in the movies; I would be willing to bet money that I am the biggest damn Gundam dork on this board - nay, the biggest most of you have ever met, including people IRL.

Also. The best mobile suit is the Gerbera Tetra.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Runners-up include the Kampfer, the Stark Jegan, and the EZ8.

/nerdgasm over
Last edited by Flying Couch at Feb 22, 2012,
Crazyedd123
Seeking electricity
173 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart

'sup guys!

Hey, I remember that show.

I think it used to come on Sky1 at some point in the morning or afternoon.
Only watched because of mecha-animals
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen
10 IQ
There's an anime thread, you cunt.
My name is Sestra!
She/her pronouns please!
And if you call me by my username I'll bite your dick off.

Quote by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
"Everything sucks" - GuitarGod_92, 2014

<3 eastwinn <3
Niiko
Behemoth of cheese!
30 IQ
Quote by GuitarGod_92
There's an anime thread, you cunt.

Pah!! You mean those pansies that play obscure games and only watch slice of life, high school and romance animes? Gundam is too hardcore for them
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen
10 IQ
Quote by Niiko
Pah!! You mean those pansies that play obscure games and only watch slice of life, high school and romance animes? Gundam is too hardcore for them

No, Gundam is just a shit series that only a few of them like. G Gundam is the only good one, deal with it.
My name is Sestra!
She/her pronouns please!

Quote by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

<3 eastwinn <3
blake1221
‭‭
164 IQ
Quote by GuitarGod_92
No, Gundam is just a shit series that only a few of them like. G Gundam is the only good one, deal with it.

Awwwww, what a quaint and pathetic thing to be elitist about :3
GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen
10 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Awwwww, what a quaint and pathetic thing to be elitist about :3

You're making me blush.
My name is Sestra!
She/her pronouns please!

Quote by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

<3 eastwinn <3
blake1221
‭‭
164 IQ
Quote by GuitarGod_92
You're making me blush.

You know (or should know) it's in jest

Still need to show me your guitar skills, I've been looking everywhere for a teacher worthy enough to expand my knowledge. I need a god.
GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen
10 IQ
Quote by blake1221
You know (or should know) it's in jest

Still need to show me your guitar skills, I've been looking everywhere for a teacher worthy enough to expand my knowledge. I need a god.

Stop reminding me of my username! :<

Quote by jetfuel495
I fudging love Gundam Wing. Bean, stick your head in a toilet bowl and inhale.

I'm almost done building my master grade Deathscythe Hell Custom kit.

Xiaoxi confirmed for bro.

Why would you say that? ;___;
My name is Sestra!
She/her pronouns please!

Quote by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

<3 eastwinn <3
Niiko
Behemoth of cheese!
30 IQ
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Gundam is not a shit series, you just have shit taste
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
10 IQ
I'd rather watch four animated high school girls have a tea party than animated robots in space

I was never a huge Gundam fan. The only one I remember regularly watching was that really shit one with the midget Gundams.
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen
10 IQ
Quote by Niiko
Gundam is not a shit series, you just have shit taste

Nah, I just know that Todd Hart was right, Zoids is far superior.
My name is Sestra!
She/her pronouns please!

Quote by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

<3 eastwinn <3
Niiko
Behemoth of cheese!
30 IQ
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Nah, I just know that Todd Hart was right, Zoids is far superior.

That's like saying Digimon is far superior to Pokemon...

... Come to think of it, I did like Digimon...
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen
10 IQ
Quote by Niiko
That's like saying Digimon is far superior to Pokemon...

... Come to think of it, I did like Digimon...

But Digimon was the superior anime out of those two. Digimon had the better anime, Pokemon had the better games.
My name is Sestra!
She/her pronouns please!

Quote by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

<3 eastwinn <3
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Quote by Flying Couch

I'm like the token Star Wars nerd in the movies; I would be willing to bet money that I am the biggest damn Gundam dork on this board - nay, the biggest most of you have ever met, including people IRL.

I skimmed the Gundam series Wikipedia page and it's sooo confusing. There's like different universes and they're all so elaborate. Don't know how you keep up.

Also, I've been watching the show in the original Japanese dialog with subtitles. Kinda awkward to hear pilots yelling "BONSAIIII"

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 22, 2012,
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
I fudging love Gundam Wing. Bean, stick your head in a toilet bowl and inhale.

I'm almost done building my master grade Deathscythe Hell Custom kit.

Xiaoxi confirmed for bro.

Anyone with Gundam model kits should post the pics here.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Amuro Jay
ヴェープル ウェーブ
1,234 IQ
Quote by Xiaoxi

That's what I have so far on my MG kit. Just needs the wings. I have a lot more from when I was a kid but they're all HG and some are in pretty bad shape. I might post some pics later.

This year I'm gonna save up for the 1/60 Perfect Grade Wing Zero Custom. Hopefully the gloss pear edition.
Niiko
Behemoth of cheese!
30 IQ
Quote by GuitarGod_92
But Digimon was the superior anime out of those two. Digimon had the better anime, Pokemon had the better games.

Pokemon games were awful, but they still had the better anime.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra

rock.freak667
Time Traveler!
40 IQ
Gundam Wing was awesome.

Especially since the pilots would kill themselves at the drop of a hat just so the enemies would not get the gundam.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
awwwyea.jpg

Lookin good

Are you gonna paint it?

Quote by rock.freak667
Gundam Wing was awesome.

Especially since the pilots would kill themselves at the drop of a hat just so the enemies would not get the gundam.

As I'm watching, I'm noticing that this show is very Japanese-centric. That sounds obvious, but what I mean is they have this emphasis on honor and loyalty that I think might be over-the-top to Western audiences. So this show only makes sense when you really consider the culture that made it.

But that also makes it kinda uneasy for me. Especially with the Japanese dubs, the whole thing is very reminiscent of WWII.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 22, 2012,
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!
70 IQ
Quote by Xiaoxi

I might still have this MG Zaku II I did when I was like eleven. I'll see if I can find it.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I skimmed the Gundam series Wikipedia page and it's sooo confusing. There's like different universes and they're all so elaborate. Don't know how you keep up.

Not so much. Only the original, U.C., is very complex. G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam X, and such are for the most part very straightforward - the alternate universes never get fleshed out as much as the original, which has a story that spans a good several decades.

Gundam 00 is the exception, because for some reason there are like eight seperate plotlines going at once in the same timeframe of the show. I don't have that one figured out.

And then there's Turn A... which puts a weirder spin on all of it.
Quote by Niiko
Pokemon games were awful

Amuro Jay
ヴェープル ウェーブ
1,234 IQ
Quote by Xiaoxi
Lookin good

Are you gonna paint it?

Maybe. I don't have any money for paint or the markers, and I've had a few mishaps in the past trying to paint them >.>

But I can't even comprehend how to paint it. I'd feel like I'd have to take it all apart and paint each thing individually, and these MG kits are complicated.

But I'd really love to see this kit in a darker flat black.
Angus_Junior35
Is a Girl?
130 IQ
Holy shit! I completely forgot about Toonami!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
170 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
Maybe. I don't have any money for paint or the markers, and I've had a few mishaps in the past trying to paint them >.>

But I can't even comprehend how to paint it. I'd feel like I'd have to take it all apart and paint each thing individually, and these MG kits are complicated.

But I'd really love to see this kit in a darker flat black.

Yeah I don't know how people are able to paint it. I'm also afraid of screwing up...that's why I'm gonna hold off until I'm a trillionaire and if I screw up I can just buy another one, no problem

I used to have the custom Nataku but I put it in a stance where the dragon arms are extended out and it kept toppling over until it broke

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Amuro Jay
ヴェープル ウェーブ
1,234 IQ
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yeah I don't know how people are able to paint it. I'm also afraid of screwing up...that's why I'm gonna hold off until I'm a trillionaire and if I screw up I can just buy another one, no problem

I used to have the custom Nataku but I put it in a stance where the dragon arms are extended out and it kept toppling over until it broke

D: what scale was it? I had a 1/144 scale Nataku. I was too impatient as a kid to save up for 1/100 most of the time, that's why I only have a few of them.

Now I really want a MG Epyon kit.