Page 4 of 25
Quote by Xiaoxi
u guise

I'm watching Zeta Gundam right now. Finished the original Gundam a few weeks ago.

How would you rank the series that you've seen?

08th MS Team is my favorite series. I also love the hell out of 0080: War in the Pocket. Then the movie Char's Counterattack, which is fucking amazing. Then the original and Zeta (can't pick between those), G Gundam, Gundam Wing.

They need to bring Gundam X, Double Zeta and Turn A over here.
Quote by jetfuel495
Gundam X only lasted like six episodes, right?

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should pay my dad back or buy another MG kit.

Naw man. Gundam X had 39 episodes. Full-length series. 0080 has only six, though.
Quote by Flying Couch
08th MS Team is my favorite series. I also love the hell out of 0080: War in the Pocket. Then the movie Char's Counterattack, which is fucking amazing. Then the original and Zeta (can't pick between those), G Gundam, Gundam Wing.

They need to bring Gundam X, Double Zeta and Turn A over here.

Well, I finished Zeta last night. It was a very very dark series, and the ending is pretty devastating.

I can't believe they left Kamille hanging like that... so I started watching ZZ here:
http://www.gogoanime.com/category/mobile-suit-gundam-zz/page/2

lolool

At this point I'm just really watching for the drama/tech/politics. The mobile suits themselves in the UC timeline have been very disappointing. There is not a single design that I really like, aside from RX-78-2. Gundam MKII is incredibly generic and Zeta Gundam looks too bulky. And the Zeon/Titan mobile suits are retarded looking.

Gundam Wing still has the best MS designs by far.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jetfuel495
Gundam X only lasted like six episodes, right?

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should pay my dad back or buy another MG kit.

Does your dad carry a double barrel gatlin on one arm and an army knife on the other? Didn't think so.

By the way, I have mixed feelings about the Ver. Ka. revisions as well. It stands for Version Katoki, meaning it was revised by Hajime Katoki, one of the lead mech designers of the franchise. He started revising them after the series to make them more realistic and feasible, and sometimes it looks cooler too. But it also sucks that they're not making the original Wing team as seen in the show in MG.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 22, 2012,
I used to have the Zero Custom Pearl Gloss. It was definitely very pretty/luminescent. Unfortunately part of what holds the wings on broke for me and I couldn't fix it.

o hai guise wuts goin on in this thread
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.

mmmm.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

Which one do you like?

I just think the entire lineup is a giant clusterfuck. There's no coherence to their designs or development. Some of them look like bugs, some of them look like fatasses, and none of them look like they could seriously be aerodynamic or practical at all. And we're bombarded with so many different MS's throughout the show, and none of them are really identifiable because they're never given a clear camera shot or focus. Not to mention they have stupid, impossible to remember names like Gelgoog (don't ask me what it looks like).

Compare UC suits with AC suits. OZ's suits make so much goddamn sense. They're named based on the zodiacs and each one of them is very distinct and you see the development from the basic, very feasible Leo to the advanced Virgos, which all carry some common frameworks features and all stemming from the Tallgeese.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 22, 2012,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, I finished Zeta last night. It was a very very dark series, and the ending is pretty devastating.

I can't believe they left Kamille hanging like that... so I started watching ZZ here:
http://www.gogoanime.com/category/mobile-suit-gundam-zz/page/2

lolool

At this point I'm just really watching for the drama/tech/politics. The mobile suits themselves in the UC timeline have been very disappointing. There is not a single design that I really like, aside from RX-78-2. Gundam MKII is incredibly generic and Zeta Gundam looks too bulky. And the Zeon/Titan mobile suits are retarded looking.

Gundam Wing still has the best MS designs by far.

The ending was why I liked Zeta so much. ZZ is terrible for the first 18ish episodes though, I hope you can take it.

UC has my favorite suits, CCA and later though. The Nu and the Kshatriya look great
Quote by Xiaoxi
Which one do you like?

Idk, I liked a few:

Here's a kit I actually own:

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Xiaoxi
Which one do you like?

I just think the entire lineup is a giant clusterfuck. There's no coherence to their designs or development. Some of them look like bugs, some of them look like fatasses, and none of them look like they could seriously be aerodynamic or practical at all. And we're bombarded with so many different MS's throughout the show, and none of them are really identifiable because they're never given a clear camera shot or focus. Not to mention they have stupid, impossible to remember names like Gelgoog (don't ask me what it looks like).

Compare UC suits with AC suits. OZ's suits make so much goddamn sense. They're named based on the zodiacs and each one of them is very distinct and you see the development from the basic, very feasible Leo to the advanced Virgos, which all carry some common frameworks features and all stemming from the Tallgeese.

I agree as far as the Titans and Neo Zeon goes, but I think the original Zeon and Federation suits were great. Almost all of the Federation suits can be ultimately traced to either the Gundam or the Guncannon, with a few tracing back to the Zeta Gundam or the Guntank. Zeon started with the Zakus, which was developed into the Gouf. Then it was replaced by the Dom, designed from the ground up as a new unit. It was then replaced by the Gelgoog, mostly original but with ideas taken from both the Dom and the Gundam itself. (not mentioning the more limited dedicated units, like the amphibious ones, produced in smaller numbers on the sides)

The mechanical design is WAY more interesting in 0080 and 0083, too, where you get stuff like the Gouf Custom, the Kampfer, the Ifrit/Ifrit Custom, and the Gerbera Tetra.

The lineage was a lot more clear in Wing, though, I'll give you that. And I'll always have a soft spot for the Aries. The thing just looked so eminently practical.

And in fairness - the Titans mostly had space use stuff, I doubt they gave a damn about aerodynamics. Oh, and the Gelgoog looks like this BTW:

the EFF?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jetfuel495

not my cup of tea

So I'm 4/5th of the way through ZZ. Darkcheef, I have to disagree. The first half is pretty good. It is a necessary change of pace and tone from how heavy Zeta was. Had it been somber from the beginning, this metaseries would just feel too dreary and dragged down. The first couple of episodes were really great, actually, because of how Mashymre (I keep wanting to say Marshmellow) parodies the excessive fanaticism in the Gundam/Japan militaries.

ZZ has been awesome so far. But I'm still devastated over the death of Judau's 2 sisters.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Apr 1, 2012,
I actually rewatched the entire Gundam Wing series about a month ago. It doesn't hold up.

It generally got panned in Japan, and I now understand why. Lacked any real plot. Pretty much just a couple outrageous depictions of competing ideologies, ones that the writers seemingly didn't quite understand. The whole Chivalry v. Pacifism ideological battle is the most prominent one to come to mind.

The original Gundam series, Mobile Suit Gundam, is just vastly superior in character development, plot, and in the messages the series is meant to convey. Better look into the psyche of man during war, the costs of war, and ultimately what victory in war achieves.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
This was the background on my computer for the longest time.

(Invalid img)
GO RAVENS!

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Waaaait....

Did you just say you can't rape?

2012 NFL Thread Mock Draft Champion
I never really watched Gundam. I had seen it a few times on Toonami, but never got into it. I may give it another chance though.

Also, Xiaoxi is still banned?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
I never really watched Gundam. I had seen it a few times on Toonami, but never got into it. I may give it another chance though.

Also, Xiaoxi is still banned?

The original series is much better then Wing.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I'm gonna use this as my build progress thread from now on. Posts will be lifted directly from my tumblr. These first few come from yesterday.

Apologies, but I'll have to be double/triple posting. Too many images to fit all into one post.

Started work on the Master Grade 1/100 Wing Zero Custom today. About 290 pieces in this kit, give or take. I don’t think I’ll do decals this time. Doing decals is probably the most tedious and annoying thing I’ve ever done in my life.

Then again, I’ll probably end up doing them anyway if I get bored. We’ll see.
Also from yesterday.

So, started working on my Master Grade 1/100 Wing Zero Custom kit today. It’s already going better than my last build since I actually have a decent pair of clippers to get the pieces off the runners. Makes everything a lot easier and cleaner.

Right off the bat it’s easy to notice how different it is from the Deathscythe kit. Nothing like how the High Grade kits were. I remember when I was a kid I had built so many High Grades that I didn’t even need the instructions to build most of them anymore. The hardest part was figuring out which polycaps went where.

I’m gonna be a lot more detailed and thorough with my progress updates on this build than the last one. I feel like it’s more fun that way.

Here’s a rundown of what’s going on in the pictures:

1. Heero’s cockpit. Easiest part of the kit, haha. The jewel emblem at the front is interesting, because unlike the High Grade Wing Gundam kit I built nearly twelve years ago, it’s not just a stick-on jewel. It’s a sticker that goes below a clear plastic bubble. Which is pretty neat.

2. The cockpit inside of the body enclosure. The shoulders connect onto here. There’s the standard polycap on the bottom. On the back is something weird that sticks out with two tiny little nubs. Maybe that’s where the wings connect to? Seems a little weak. Hopefully they don’t fail in the future.

3. Cockpit inside the full enclosure. I didn’t bother cleaning up the little nubs left from the runner because I figured nobody would see it so it wouldn’t matter. Regretting that decision now since I can’t get a perfect fit with the outside panels. They’re probably in the way. Oh well, can’t do anything about it now.

4. I wanted to show how the shoulders worked on this kit. Well, that’s it.

5. Outer panels going on.

6. The collar type thing. Two pieces. I like the red and white colors.

7. Upper body assembled. One of the shoulder cannons is hanging open.

8. Okay, what’s really awesome about this one is that the cockpit slides out from the body. That’s neat. And yeah. That’s a decal. I know I said I’d never do decals again (one Gundam was enough) but I figured if I did it as I built it then it wouldn’t be as bad.

9. Fully assembled + decals.

Well, that’s it for now. I ended up building the head, too, but I’ll cover that in a later post.
I think I'm gonna run up to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see if there's any good 1/144 kits to get back into this with.

:crosses fingers for 1/144 Kampfer:
Quote by Flying Couch
I think I'm gonna run up to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see if there's any good 1/144 kits to get back into this with.

:crosses fingers for 1/144 Kampfer:

They sell Gundam kits at Hobby Lobby?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I plan on watching Gundam 00 eventually.

Also, I remember hearing about Escaflowne as a kid but never watched it. Had the coolest name, though.

Also, today's post:

So yeah, did the head last night too. Really simple, not much to say here.

Here’s a rundown of what’s going on in the pictures:

1. Half of the head. Just showing the insides. Way different from Deathscythe. Probably because there’s no cannons on the head. Made it a lot easier, not that heads are hard to put together in the first place.

2. Other half of the head connected. Actually looks pretty rad the way it is. Aside from the nasty seam line running down the middle.

3. Rest of the dressings for the head. Sticker on the v-fin looks a little crooked to me. The “ears” are actually made of three pieces. Man, I really wish I had some Gundam Markers right now, this kit needs them.

4. Head on the body.

5. My work area. I stand while I build now. Don’t know why.

Did an arm this morning, more about that later.
EDIT:
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
No lie, I actually went to a HL recently looking for some. Didn't have any at the one I went to.

Other local hobby shops have them, though. Comic shops, too. Sometimes.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

The one near me had about half of one side of an aisle devoted to them last time I was there six months ago or so. There was a Master Grade Gelgoog Jager there last time, some kind of crazy huge, ridiculous Gundam Exia kit and a 1/144 Kampfer that I hope is still there.
Quote by Flying Couch
The one near me had about half of one side of an aisle devoted to them last time I was there six months ago or so. There was a Master Grade Gelgoog Jager there last time, some kind of crazy huge, ridiculous Gundam Exia kit and a 1/144 Kampfer that I hope is still there.

Lucky bastard
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Flying Couch
When you say crazy huge ridiculous Exia, you meant the box was pretty damn big, right? How much did it cost? If it was around $50, it might have been this Master Grade kit: http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-gn-001-gundam-exia-ex.html
It wasn't that one, it was quite a bit more expensive. And the box was enormous. Like, wider than my shoulders. I didn't care about 00 at the time and didn't look more closely to find out scale of the finished model or anything, and I can't find a picture of the box.
If the box was enormous, we're probably looking at a Perfect Grade kit.

This is my only guess: http://www.gundamplanet.com/gundam/perfect-grade/pg-gn-0000-00-gundam-gnr-010-0-raiser.html

It might not be that one, though, because the one you saw could be a different kit that's not available on that site anymore.