Page 5 of 25
SHINING FIIINNGGAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

♥ Gundam
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Today's post:

And here we go! Arms. I think this will be a brief post, because there’s not really much to explain and while there are some interesting bits, much of it is boring.

Here’s a rundown of what’s going on in the pictures:

1. Inner frame for the upper arm before assembly

2. Frame assembled and connected to lower arm. Upper arm and outer armor awaiting assembly.

3. Hands before assembly. Five pieces. Different from the Deathscythe hands in that they’re white and that the hands are pose-able this time, as opposed to needing to be changed out like on the Deathscythe.

4. Thumb and index finger

5. Arm fully assembled

6. Inner shoulder assembly. That goofy looking thing up at the top is sort of like a sliding track for the shoulder armor, it’s used for getting the shoulders to fold down properly when the wings close. They go out, then down. Ahh, you’ll see later…

7. Just before closing it up.

8. Lower armor closed, upper armor and emblem waiting to be put together.

9. Fully assembled.

10. Decals.

Now, here’s where I whine for a bit.

If I wasn’t doing decals, step 9 is where it would have ended. Looks beautiful, right? But I am doing decals, and this is a curved surface, and the dry transfers are on stiff plastic sheets. So I botched that decal. Terribly. Probably one of the most important decals on the kit. It looks bad in the picture but in real life it looks TEN TIMES WORSE. I’m so disappointed in how I handled it. I rushed, probably because I hadn’t eaten since the night before (and I was doing this at 10pm, so it’s probably been at least a good 24 hours or so) due to this annoying blister on my tongue.

So yes. I ruined a decal.

Please don’t point and laugh, I’ve cried over it enough already.
The fuck is Xiaoxi when you need him?
I have so many of those models from my childhood.

I was actually looking to buy some, but I didn't find any in my price range that were satisfactory.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Been on vacation the past few days, so haven't built much. But I came home and did this:

Started repainting my old Deathscythe kit. That's the shield. The color scheme is white with black and blue accents. Pretty much gonna be opposite from how it originally was.

I started painting one of the legs and made some horrible mistakes, including the melting of a piece that really sticks out now.

Learned an important lesson in patience today, that's for sure.
Gundam Wing was ****ing badass. I need to watch it again.

On an unrelated note does anyone remember Ronin Warriors?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I also enjoyed Ronin Warriors.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by stratman_13
Gundam Wing was ****ing badass. I need to watch it again.

On an unrelated note does anyone remember Ronin Warriors?

I do. I remember seeing that very late at night on Cartoon Network back in the day. It was incomprehensible to my young self, but I remember seeing Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac and thinking it was a total ripoff of Ronin Warriors... then realizing it was the other way around.

jetfuel, is your avatar Allelujah? Because it kinda looks like him.
Quote by Flying Couch
I do. I remember seeing that very late at night on Cartoon Network back in the day. It was incomprehensible to my young self, but I remember seeing Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac and thinking it was a total ripoff of Ronin Warriors... then realizing it was the other way around.

jetfuel, is your avatar Allelujah? Because it kinda looks like him.

Saint Seiya is awesome too. I used to watch that shit late night on CN, and then it just stopped. Still pissed to this day.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by jetfuel495
It is. I started watching 00 a few days ago. I like Exia and Dynames better than Kyrios, but Allelujah seems like a pretty cool guy so far. Has feelings and shit.

Plus he's got Hallelujah. Makes him a very interesting character indeed.

Lockon will become your favorite though. ;3
I <3 Gundam

I was gonna buy a few plamos but i have things of higher priority i need to buy first. Sadly.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by jetfuel495
Lockon seems like a pretty rad guy, tbh. The fact that he's the sharpshooter of the crew just makes him so much more badass than everyone else.

...How much foreknowledge do you have about the series?
I finally got to hit up the store today.

No Kampfer, no Jegan. Lots of Gundam AGE stuff though. Not interested. Only things that really caught my eye were some HGUC stuff: a GM Cannon II, a GM II... not bad, but nothing I wanted to put money down on. There was a RG Zaku II though, but I don't wanna jump back into this something with a kit that I'd butcher like I would that one.
So, if I wanted to get into building Gundams should I start with HG?

They're definitely cheaper ._.
Quote by UntilISleep
So, if I wanted to get into building Gundams should I start with HG?

They're definitely cheaper ._.
Yeah. However, they're also smaller (unless you find the odd 1/100 HG kit) and less detailed. But they're great for getting the basics down, and they're quick fun builds.

If you plan on ordering online, let me know. I could send you a referral to Gundam Planet and get some extra GP points for myself :3
An update:

Well, I haven’t touched my Zero kit in a while, and this is why. Still painting my Deathscythe. I think the paint fumes are getting to me. Or maybe the fact that it’s pollen season. Oh well.

1. First batch of parts freshly primed. I’m using wooden dowels with sticky tack to hold up the parts while they dry. If only I had a bigger piece of styrofoam, I could paint more pieces at once…

2. At this point the right leg was mostly done. I had started priming the upper body and the beam scythe.

3. The wooden dowel is pretty much the same diameter of the inside of some of the polycaps, which will make painting a breeze.

4. The legs, painted vs unpainted.

5. Primed pieces drying. As you can see, I missed a spot on the chest area. I noticed after taking this picture and went back out to fix it, tripping the security system of our home in the process. Who the hell arms security at 9pm?

I’ll paint these pieces after they dry tomorrow, and probably give them a top coat tomorrow night. More pictures soon.
Gonna be a double post today. Haven't updated in a while.

Hey Tumblr. I know it’s been a long while since my last update. Truth is, I’ve been too lazy to work on any kits lately since I’ve been spending all of my time watching Gundam 00. God, what a series. I’ve decided my next MG kit is going to be from 00. Probably the standard Exia or Quanta. I wish Kyrios and Dynames were offered as MG kits :/

Anyway, I have done little bits of work here and there, so here’s what I’ve done in the meantime. It’s been a while so I’m gonna do two posts since there’s a bit to cover.

I’ve painted a few more pieces of Deathscythe since last time, but I haven’t worked on it much since. I’ve also started construction of the legs and waist of Zero.

1. Body of Deathscythe painted and drying. Also included are some of the head pieces and the beam scythe. The beam scythe is mostly black, with the head of it white. Upper body is all white, the vents in the chest are copper metallic, and the lower body is black. Don’t know what possessed me to do that, but I thought it’d look interesting. The eyes/forehead light thing are copper metallic as well, and the chin piece is metallic blue. Now, I was originally going to paint the facemask white, but I thought it’d be neat to see how a Gundam looked with a black face and a white helmet. Totally opposite of how they usually are. So I painted it black. Guess that’s all that’s really going on here.

2. Back to Zero. Basic construction of the hip joint. They’re using polycaps in this kit to keep the side skirt armor in place, which is awesome. The skirt armor in Deathscythe Hell Custom is so fragile, it always pops out when you don’t want it to. Deathscythe uses ball and socket joints for the skirt armor, and while Zero does as well (you’ll see it in the front later on), it’s covered to where it can’t pop out.

3. Rear skirt armor assembly. Good idea for them to keep both sides as one piece. It’s unnecessary to do otherwise, I think.

4. The front assembly. As you can see, ball and socket joints. But the front cap holds everything in place. Solid.

5. Waist is completed. The side skirt armor comes later in the instructions, so I didn’t bother with it at the time.

I added the decals afterwards. Now, I know I’ve said this once before, but I REALLY hate the decals in this kit. I’ve had to trim almost every single one before putting them on in order to get them situated like they are in the manual.

I did the legs to, more on them later. Those were fun.

Did the legs last night while listening to Tron: Legacy Reconfigured because nothing beats building Gunpla while listening to electronic music. As opposed to the Deathscythe Hell Custom I built a while back, the legs on Wing Zero Custom were a lot of fun to build and weren’t just a tedious stressful mess. There’s also some pretty neat features that I’ll go into detail later on.

1. Basic assembly for the inner frame of the upper leg. If something looks weird, I’ll just tell you right now. Yes, there’s a joint in the upper leg. Imagine having another knee in your femur. Weird, eh? Yeah, it comes in handy later on. Totally cool though. There’s also that weird hook arm looking thing on the left. That holds the knee armor up, and there’s also a reason why it’s hinged like that.

2. Inner assembly for the lower leg’s frame. There’s four polycaps in here. The rectangular one at the top holds in the side thigh armor. The one in the middle holds the back thigh armor in. The round one at the bottom connects to the ankle ball joint. The one in front of that supports the front ankle armor, which requires that hinged mobility (will be explained later). Notice the little stick looking thing running along the back of the thigh. It slides. No idea what it does yet.

3. A better look at the sliding stick in the back. It has to be pushed up for the back armor to go in, and once it’s in, it’s locked. Doesn’t move. I don’t get it.

4. Fully assembled inner frame for the leg/foot. People have asked me to see parts of the inner frame, so there’s something for you :p

5. Foot assembly. There’s a joint in the front of the foot that allows the foot to be folded for transport mode. Forgot to show the assembly of that, but oh well. You can imagine it by now.

6. First layer of armor assembly.

7. First layer of armor on. I’ve always thought Zero Custom had a very feminine leg >__>

8. All those funny joints lead to this. The legs compress in this way for the flight mode, where the wings close over the whole body. You know, the atmospheric entry type thing. There’s a few joints at work here. The foot, which folds, the little hook thing holding up the knee armor, and the two joints around the knee somewhere. The upper leg kinda folds back behind the lower leg. It’s inhuman, don’t worry about it.

9. Final layer of armor

10. Fully assembled.

The attention to detail without the headache is what makes these legs so much fun to build. Although, I suppose the decals on this kit makes up for those missing headaches -__-
Gonna need two posts again this time, too.

I know I’ve been taking loooooong breaks between updates. Which sucks, since I’m so closed to finishing this kit, and I’ve got a long way to go on the paint for the other one -__- Truth is, it’s too humid outside to paint Deathscythe, and the decals for Zero just put me off so much from actually working.

Anyway, I finally finished putting decals on the body, and then waited a few days out of dread of doing more decals before finally starting the wings today.

So yeah, this is what I have so far. I’ll cover the wings in the next post.

It’s so close to done.
If Flying Couch didn't post, you would have 6x posted Jay
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?

Right, so, did the outer wings today. Still have to do the other set of wings and the whole backpack unit, weapons, and the stand, but I think it’ll be fairly easy from here on out. I’ve only been putting it off because of the decals. By the way, THERE’S DECALS IN THE MANUAL THAT AREN’T ON THE STICKER SHEET! Did I say that last time? I may have.

Some neat gimmicks in the wings, though.

1. The big thing is the wing itself. The weird T shaped thing on the left is the track that the sliding joint rests on. You’ll see what I’m talking about in a bit.

2. Just more parts. I don’t feel like describing this picture.

3. Now this is cool. There’s a peg that sits in the dip of that piece in the middle which slides along the track when the wing piece pivots on the other thing and… well, just look at the next picture.

4. See? Pretty neat.

5. Same thing happens on the other side.

6. Once you put the cover on it, it becomes like five layers total. Or something.

7. Some of the individual feathers. They’re not hard plastic like the rest of the kit. They’re a bit rubbery. Pliable.

8. The feathers on the inside are all mounted to a pole so they can pivot or something?

9. Both wings with decals. Notice the decal reference in the background. They listed the decals with japanese letters instead of numbers ;___;

10. I eat donuts and listen to jazz when I build. Well, this week, at least.
EDIT:
Quote by skylerjames13
If Flying Couch didn't post, you would have 6x posted Jay
Nobody else likes Gundams :<

And I had to remove your smiley because I passed the image limit o:
Jay u so krzy

And I like Gundams. I was fascinated by them when I was a child. I'm just not too interested in building them.

But dey coo'
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
post from this morning:

Built the rest of the wings and the attachment piece. Wasn’t too difficult. Cool features, etc.

1. The backing unit where the outer wings attach to.

2. The rest of the backing unit. It’s where the rest of blah blah blah. Man, I’m tired.

3. The wing assembly. Notice the tracks on the inside.

4. This is the part of the wing that expands out. The little nibs rest on the track which it slides on two different points.

5. Mounted.

6. Open. Notice how the wing slides on two tracks which causes it to not only slide out but also open up.

7. Assembled.

8. Open.

9. Decals.

Man, I’m getting tired of all this. Fortunately, I’m pretty much done with everything at this point. More updates soon.
Well, I've found somewhere online that stocks 'Mega Scale' Gundam kits, and I'm going to save up for a couple. They're like, nearly a foot tall, and I want some.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Well, I've found somewhere online that stocks 'Mega Scale' Gundam kits, and I'm going to save up for a couple. They're like, nearly a foot tall, and I want some.
You mean the 1/48 scale ones?

http://www.gundamplanet.com/gundam/other-grade.html?cus_grade=49

If you order from Gundam Planet let me know, because I can send you a referral and get some points for myself :3
Quote by jetfuel495
You mean the 1/48 scale ones?

http://www.gundamplanet.com/gundam/other-grade.html?cus_grade=49

If you order from Gundam Planet let me know, because I can send you a referral and get some points for myself :3

Yep, those are the ones, and they're about the same price as on HobbyWave. Maybe a few bucks more expensive, but I'll be sure to let you know when I get some cash together, and you can send me a referral code for GP :3
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Yep, those are the ones, and they're about the same price as on HobbyWave. Maybe a few bucks more expensive, but I'll be sure to let you know when I get some cash together, and you can send me a referral code for GP :3
Yessss :3

See if they'll do price matching at GP.

When you save up enough points you can use them to take a few dollars off your next purchase, etc.

This is the one I'm getting next: http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-gn-001-gundam-exia-ex.html
The ones I want are:

http://www.gundamplanet.com/xxxg-00w0-wing-gundam-zero-custom-pearl-gloss-ver.html

http://www.gundamplanet.com/xxxg-01d-gundam-deathscythe-ew-ver.html

http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-xxxg-01w-wing-gundam.html (Gotta have the original and most popular one :3)

and http://www.gundamplanet.com/zgmf-x20a-strike-freedom-gundam-full-burst-mode.html (as a companion to my 1/144 scale Strike Freedom mobile suit).

All of those are going to set me back a cool $244.80 (£151.60)

Quote by PaulyVengeance
The ones I want are:

http://www.gundamplanet.com/xxxg-00w0-wing-gundam-zero-custom-pearl-gloss-ver.html

http://www.gundamplanet.com/xxxg-01d-gundam-deathscythe-ew-ver.html

http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-xxxg-01w-wing-gundam.html (Gotta have the original and most popular one :3)

and http://www.gundamplanet.com/zgmf-x20a-strike-freedom-gundam-full-burst-mode.html (as a companion to my 1/144 scale Strike Freedom mobile suit).

All of those are going to set me back a cool $244.80 (£151.60)

Nice choices, although I have one word of warning. I have the Wing Zero Custom (it's the one I'm building right now, although I got the normal finish) and I'll tell you, the wings are massive. It makes it so topheavy that it can't stand on its own. You have to use the wings as support to keep it standing up. And posing it is so hard, given how hard moving the wings around is. And the decals are difficult on the kit. So the fun with it really ends when you're done building it, because moving it around is a bitch and a half. The stand it comes with is nice, though, so when you get a good pose, leave it how it is

The other ones look pretty solid. Love the original Wing design.