This is an idea I have for my second song, I have only been playing a year so don't expect anything amazing. It only includes guitar and drums and is a really rough recording as it was just so I dont forget the idea. I am going to add a bass line and vocals at some point. Any feed back is appreciated and I will give feedback on your songs too

http://soundcloud.com/tompostles

Thanks
Sounds like it could be a bside to by the way. I would add some lead fills. Maybe a little solo over the end. Im thinking... Especialy in michigan style end solo leads. Liked it, i heard female vocals in my head
Quote by Pietreszcz
Well, I liked it, really! I'm not even sure if the vocals are needed for this.

Thanks alot I just been checking out some of your stuff on soundcloud very nice playing sir.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Sounds like it could be a bside to by the way. I would add some lead fills. Maybe a little solo over the end. Im thinking... Especialy in michigan style end solo leads. Liked it, i heard female vocals in my head

Thats a huge compliment to me! I will definately work on adding some fills and maybe a solo. I also agree with the female vocals. Thanks for your input I'll check out your stuff now thankyou for your kind words sir
Quote by Tpiz
Thanks alot I just been checking out some of your stuff on soundcloud very nice playing sir.

A huge thank you for doing that and for your opinion!
Hey dude I really appreciated this track, I am slightly inebriated. Just chilling out with a cigarette and whiskey and I found that this small track really compliments such an occassion.
I really think that this could be extended to a full length track and have some lyrics added to it at somepoint, it would be a shame to allow this short, cool piece to be left as a little soundbite on soundcloud.
I really can't give any proper critisisms about the production, quality or performance of this track, I'm sorry I can't help you out in this way. I am happy to say though that this is a very good little track and I think it has potential to be much more!
I've actually listened to this 3 times in a row and you are to be congratulated on such a thing, I don't normally have the attention span to do anything like that! :P
Again I can't complain about the recording quality, melody or progression I really like it. I just think it begs for lyrics. I look forward to hearing more of your material.

PS - Added on soundcloud.

If you don't mind I'd appreciate it if you spent a short amount of time to listen to my latest track, you don't have to like it as much as I did yours, but a listen and honest response is much appreciated, thank you

- Neptune
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521612
Last edited by NeptuneUK at Feb 22, 2012,
Quote by NeptuneUK
Hey dude I really appreciated this track, I am slightly inebriated. Just chilling out with a cigarette and whiskey and I found that this small track really compliments such an occassion.
I really think that this could be extended to a full length track and have some lyrics added to it at somepoint, it would be a shame to allow this short, cool piece to be left as a little soundbite on soundcloud.
I really can't give any proper critisisms about the production, quality or performance of this track, I'm sorry I can't help you out in this way. I am happy to say though that this is a very good little track and I think it has potential to be much more!
I've actually listened to this 3 times in a row and you are to be congratulated on such a thing, I don't normally have the attention span to do anything like that! :P
Again I can't complain about the recording quality, melody or progression I really like it. I just think it begs for lyrics. I look forward to hearing more of your material.

PS - Added on soundcloud.

If you don't mind I'd appreciate it if you spent a short amount of time to listen to my latest track, you don't have to like it as much as I did yours, but a listen and honest response is much appreciated, thank you

- Neptune
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521612

Thanks neptune for your compliments and input! I am definately going to take what you have said into consideration. I will post any changes I make on soundcloud, as I am going to work on a solo, adding a bassline and then to find a vocalist to sing on top of it.

I have followed you back and have been listening to some of your tracks. Void sounded awesome I especially the part at around 1 minute when it really kicks in, I could imagine it being uesd in a film or a game. I also really enjoyed your track called the third man I think it would work well with some vocals over maybe? Not really much room to criticise as I really enjoyed listening to your tunes personally out of the lot I think void and the third man are very good. Peace
Very chilling tune. I think you should add some percussion (whatever you think is right). I think it would fit the music very well. Even if you would put a sample of the ocean in the background..it would sound really nice. It's got such a beach vibe. Would love to hear the track when it's done. It works well for a song idea, try figuring out some other instrument arrangements.

c4c
Last edited by hitl at Feb 23, 2012,