http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZ5slUHKh4

This is my perfect sound and am so desperate to find a guitar that can give me it. I don't know much about acoustics, but after some research, I know that Jumbo acoustics and steel strings won't give off a dark warm sound like in the song. So would a nylon string acoustic guitar be the right one?
imo it's to jingly for it to be nylon string. Probably some nicely EQ'd steel string acoustic
What I have right now is a Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo Rustic. Could I possibly get that sound with the type of guitar I have? At the moment I think it sounds pretty bad and just doesn't sound right which is why I made this thread. But would new strings and taking it to professionals to get adjusted properly help? Or should I get another guitar, possibly a dreadnought?
Quote by DudE132
Could I possibly get that sound with the type of guitar I have? At the moment I think it sounds pretty bad and just doesn't sound right which is why I made this thread.
Well, no two guitars actually sound exactly alike. In the case of pro recordings, oftentimes the musicians have high end instruments which would likely be out of your price range. That said, electronics play a huge part in the sonic quality of most recordings. Any guitar will sound different in a different environment. Point being, "Opeth"didn't record in your living room, nor are you playing in their studio, using their sound engineers.
Quote by DudE132
But would new strings and taking it to professionals to get adjusted properly help? Or should I get another guitar, possibly a dreadnought?
I'm sorry, strings need to be changed as a matter of course. Guitars can begin to sound poor in a matter of days, if not hours, after restringing. This of course depends on the player and the brand of strings chosen.

Getting your guitar "setup" by a pro, won't change its sound one iota. The exception being if the action is set too low, thereby causing fret buzz and/or loss of control in the bass strings due to excessively low tension.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 24, 2012,
Quote by DudE132
Would I want a dreadnought then?
I would say yes, it does sound like a dreadnought, nice and thick.
chances are a lot of the sound you like is done through processing. do you plug your guitar in?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!