Kind of a retarded question. I never had a single coil pick up until now so i am wondering if it is possible to lower it, there are two screws but i think they go straight into the pick guard. (by the way the guitar is an Ibanez RG)

Im having some problems with the low E string when played on the higher frets, i did some research and i found it should be called "stratitis" which is due to neck and middle pick up being too close to the strings.

I lowered the neck pickup almost all the way down but the problem is still there, maybe lowering the middle pick up could fix it but is it even possible?

Thanks.
I dunno but be careful not to damage the hardware, if it's because of the middle as well then try it but do it with no regrets. That sounds kinda deep.
I doubt that is a pickup problem. You have to have the pickups really close to the strings for that to happen (and I mean really close like touching) having them about half way, or in your case down into the pickguard.... there isn't enough magnet pull to mess with the strings.

what you have sounds like fret buzz. Maybe the action is too low?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
I doubt that is a pickup problem. You have to have the pickups really close to the strings for that to happen (and I mean really close like touching) having them about half way, or in your case down into the pickguard.... there isn't enough magnet pull to mess with the strings.

what you have sounds like fret buzz. Maybe the action is too low?

The action is pretty low at the moment, but i also tried to increase it and it didnt change anything as the string gets pushed down the the same height when you fret a note.
I believe it might be the single coil because i have another guitar with an X2N like one millimeter off the strings and i dont have this problem.
Hmmm, sometimes it can be the strings. Have you tried different strings because sometimes you just can't see where it's damaged and the sound just buzzes from that point downwards. I've seen it happen, before this I would have suggested an action problem but you seem to have already explored that.
Quote by tappooh
The action is pretty low at the moment, but i also tried to increase it and it didnt change anything as the string gets pushed down the the same height when you fret a note.
I believe it might be the single coil because i have another guitar with an X2N like one millimeter off the strings and i dont have this problem.

I can pretty much guarantee that it isn't the single coil. I have single coils in all my guitars and I've never had this problem. It is either the strings or that action - probably both. Try releasing some tension on the truss rod and level everything out. It could just be bad fret leveling too.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
I can pretty much guarantee that it isn't the single coil. I have single coils in all my guitars and I've never had this problem. It is either the strings or that action - probably both. Try releasing some tension on the truss rod and level everything out. It could just be bad fret leveling too.

I changed the strings just to make sure and as expected the problem is still there.