well i have a problem i replace my old volume knob A500k DiMarzio with another china made and i try to put the wires in the same place as before but couldn't i will post some pictures so that you can help me to put it back together they are DiMarzios pick ups both so yeah the thing is i have change pick ups before and potentiometers but the 1st time with one with pull pls just help me hahahahaha i got really tired of trying i just need a configuration that works idk if this helps only the bridge pick up had the split thank u

Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
not trying to dis your shit dude.. but WTF did i just see...

Damn that pot has seen better days.. Neatness counts now.. atleast it does when i do wirings
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Quote by Mufassa
not trying to dis your shit dude.. but WTF did i just see...

Damn that pot has seen better days.. Neatness counts now.. atleast it does when i do wirings

some help would be nice dude thank u
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
hard to help when you can't see what the hell is going on there!

please tell me you did that yourself cause otherwise you need to sue the tech that did it.

can you describe what you want to happen and we will try to help
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by Tenebrion
some help would be nice dude thank u

And exactly how am I supposed to do that.. not enough info..

go to the mfg site for the pickups and find the schematics that best fit what you want to do..... follow it.. don't improvise/deviate from it

If that was your solder job on the pots.. you really need to practice a bit before you begin.. YES it does take practice to do a neat job.. Get a friend to do it if you arn't confident enough in your abilities OR pay a qualified tech to make it happen
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Last edited by Mufassa at Feb 22, 2012,
This looks informative... For me.. I look at the wiring diagram and try to visualize it in my mind

After a few minutes of using google I found this.. This looks pretty informative and will probable help some

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/4Conductor.pdf

Seriously though..The reason that your wiring didn't work is because you haven't taken the time to do the ground work so to speak.. no research at all I suspect and have no idea how things work together.....I suspect that if it isn't working at all its A) the solder "joints" arn't making good contact or B)it is grounding it self out.. I could be wrong though as I haven't done any serious electronic work in a few months

one last thing
if you can.. try to invest in some heat shink tubin.. that electrical tape really doesnt cut it IMO.. Works in a pinch but heat shink tubing is better for this IMO
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Last edited by Mufassa at Feb 22, 2012,
Quote by Mufassa
This looks informative... For me.. I look at the wiring diagram and try to visualize it in my mind

After a few minutes of using google I found this.. This looks pretty informative and will probable help some

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/4Conductor.pdf

Seriously though..The reason that your wiring didn't work is because you haven't taken the time to do the ground work so to speak.. no research at all I suspect and have no idea how things work together.....I suspect that if it isn't working at all its A) the solder "joints" arn't making good contact or B)it is grounding it self out.. I could be wrong though as I haven't done any serious electronic work in a few months

one last thing
if you can.. try to invest in some heat shink tubin.. that electrical tape really doesnt cut it IMO.. Works in a pinch but heat shink tubing is better for this IMO

thank u
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Quote by Tenebrion
thank u

np..
wasnt trying to come across to harsh before but to me neatness counts.. so even if your guitar wiring worked as-is..I would of commented the same

Here is my wiring job I did on mine last year.. Incidentally.. It also uses two push-pull pots so i think its relevant..Unfortunately I could not split my coils as i my rear PuP had 2 conductor wire.. only small disadvantage of using the PuP i did

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006&page=313&pp=20
scroll down a bit.. you will know it when u see it..

Main thing to do is to practice before you begin if your soldering skills are a bit shaky. This is something I do for 30 minutes or so anyway, if I haven't soldered in awhile... You would be surprised at the effect it has on your confidence.. 2nd thing is to TAKE you time.. You dont get extra points for a fast job... Took me 1.5 to 2.0 hours to actually wire the guitar... perhaps 5 times that much with internet research and drawing up the plans with the FreeSCH electronic Cad program/paint shop Pro 7.. Took 3 mods off the internet.. made a few changes to made them work as one..
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Quote by Mufassa
np..
wasnt trying to come across to harsh before but to me neatness counts.. so even if your guitar wiring worked as-is..I would of commented the same

Here is my wiring job I did on mine last year.. Incidentally.. It also uses two push-pull pots so i think its relevant..Unfortunately I could not split my coils as i my rear PuP had 2 conductor wire.. only small disadvantage of using the PuP i did

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019006&page=313&pp=20
scroll down a bit.. you will know it when u see it..

Main thing to do is to practice before you begin if your soldering skills are a bit shaky. This is something I do for 30 minutes or so anyway, if I haven't soldered in awhile... You would be surprised at the effect it has on your confidence.. 2nd thing is to TAKE you time.. You dont get extra points for a fast job... Took me 1.5 to 2.0 hours to actually wire the guitar... perhaps 5 times that much with internet research and drawing up the plans with the FreeSCH electronic Cad program/paint shop Pro 7.. Took 3 mods off the internet.. made a few changes to made them work as one..

thanks for the advice and pretty neat job there very interesting i will add you on my friends hehehehe take care
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Quote by Tenebrion
thanks for the advice and pretty neat job there very interesting i will add you on my friends hehehehe take care

np..
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Last edited by Mufassa at Feb 24, 2012,
If I was faced with that I would pull it all out and start again. The level of frustration trying to fault find through that mess isn't worth the time having to go through it all.

Just start over and pay attention to the above replies, they are good advice.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
its working thank u all for your assistance
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
hi the guitar is working now and im just wondering why the volume doesn't go down???
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Quote by Tenebrion
hi the guitar is working now and im just wondering why the volume doesn't go down???

Id hazard a guess, stating the obvious, that you havent wired the volume pot correctly, or you have wired the selector switch so that it bypasses the volume pot entirely directly to the output.

Either way, you've done something wrong. Funny though considering its been 3 months since your last post stating that you got it all working.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Jun 8, 2012,
well the thing is the guitar is working tone pots and pick up switch but the volume is not and that started happening a week ago she was fine
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Last edited by Tenebrion at Jun 8, 2012,
problem fixed just need it a bit of re soldering at the grounds and did it im happy now and just in case you are wondering this is the wiring that im usin retty normal and standard take care guys thank u

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WD2HH3L12_00/Guitar-Wiring-Diagam-w-2-Humbuckers3-Way-Lever-Switch1-Volume2-Tones.html
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
ah, even better, I tried a guitar with a split in GC, didn't do much for me, but it was weird, the guitar I tried with actual single coils actually was pretty groovie, which is weird because I play metal
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.