Alright UG. I finally found and bought the amp I wanted specifically for clean tones: a Vox AC15C1. Now I've got a strat, a boss ME-70, an amp, and alot of volume knobs that I don't know which to turn on. I'm pretty much a complete noob about dialing in tones, so I'm asking for some advice. I've got a volume knob on my strat, on my ME-70, and on my amp... and I have no idea which to turn up for getting the best cleans. Can someone point me in the right direction?
im not sure how loud you want it but bypass the me-70 turn the strat volume where you want it and turn the amp volume to taste

the louder you turn the amp up the more it will break up and get more distortion and you can get different tones out of your cleans by dialing the volumes around

the way i do it is turn the preamp volume all the way up the master to around 6-7 and use the volume on my guitar to clean up when i have to
The best way to get the cleans is going to be to ditch that ME-70, turn the amp on 10 and roll your guitar's volume knob back until the amp cleans up.

If you're going to insist on using the ME, I'd turn the amp as high as it will go without naturally overdriving, then plug your guitar through the pedal and try to match the same volume, again without overdriving. Leave the guitar volume around full for this.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by supersac

the way i do it is turn the preamp volume all the way up the master to around 6-7 and use the volume on my guitar to clean up when i have to

This.
it really depends on how loud your looking for.

an ac15 is not going to stay clean for long.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I've always had better luck keeping amps with master volumes clean by turning the master to full and controlling the volume with the preamp gain. ymmv
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I hate to be *that guy*, but if you're looking for a clean tone at a high volume, you really shouldn't have bought a 15W amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X