Quote by DisarmGoliath
Yeah, no offence but this totally warranted a new thread... </sarcasm>

what's the issue? he had a valid question, he posted a thread about it, his question got answered. people like you treat threads as if they're a valuable commodity that should only be posted in dire circumstances.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
what's the issue? he had a valid question, he posted a thread about it, his question got answered. people like you treat threads as if they're a valuable commodity that should only be posted in dire circumstances.

The problem is that we get hundreds of these threads a month, and it's pretty frustrating for us regulars to have to sift through repeated crap to find something worth actually discussing (y'know, the whole reason this forum is here) instead of constantly giving the same answers or linking to older threads. Simply posting this question in the other thread he mentions, or in the Official Recording Chat thread, would mean threads that are actually original remain higher on the front page for longer and can develop into interesting conversations and debates where other people are able to learn new things about the subject and each other.

Threads like this are little better than when people create a thread here to ask how their song sounds, and we had to make a thread specifically for that just to try and reduce the spam (though it had limited success). If you were a regularly participating member of this section of the board, you might have some idea how detracting from the community stuff like this is. If all threads were like this most people would post here once or twice to ask a question and then never come back meaning this section was devoid of personality and no different to when people post recording questions in the pit (i.e there would be no limit to quality of posters' information and you'd have way more stuff written with little truth or research behind it).

And by the way - note how I haven't gone and got annoyed by the original 'what effect is this?' thread on the front page... that was someone posting without realising it may get a better answer elsewhere and was somewhat novelty. This thread even acknowledges that a thread already exists on the front page and then goes ahead and creates a new thread to ask the same question but about a different song/effect. Where is the sense in that?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Feb 22, 2012,
First of all, I don't spend my life on forums all day and don't know the proper etiquette or whatever you guys follow. I had a question about recording a home project and would enjoy an answer. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's balls, but I got my question answered in the process, which is kind of what a forum (one for recording questions anyway) is for. I'm sorry, but if I have a question about recording, it most likely should go under the recording section.
Not all questions are the same, either. Try to find a guy asking what was being used in that song, at that moment. We don't have time to sift through all the forums, we come here, ask, then leave. Not all of us visit here hourly and know all the previously asked questions.
Get the stick out of your ass.
he's got a point though. recording is for recording gear, mastering, etc. if you have a question about an effect used in a song, it should be in the guitar gear & accessories forum.