I have been looking for a 7 lately, and i found douglas. I have it between two models.
Both are mahogany, and have a floyd i would block off. I would prefer the scope because of the unfinished neck and lack of single coil, but the neck heel looks huge. The hadron is neck through, with a mahog neck. Would that impact sustain? Could any body tell me of a difference in quality between these as far as wood, build, and setup goes? I play metal and my budget at the max is 300. I play through a peavey valveking. And i will not look for a used ibby, i can't stand basswood.
Last edited by anvil is god at Feb 22, 2012,
Neck-thru should have more sustain.

I'd say get the Hadron, slightly higher specs and more versatile owing to the single-coil (ya never know, might need that sound one day!) but bear in mind that this has 22 frets, whereas the other has 22
Quote by SilverSpurs616
bear in mind that this has 22 frets, whereas the other has 22

Nice

This is gonna sound like one of those annoying cop-outs but I wouldn't recommend either. If you're really set on getting a 7 string get something better (ie save up some more money).

PS If the thing you don't like about Ibby's is basswood then maybe look for a used Ibby S series (like a 7320) cause they're mahogany bodied - still got a locking trem though.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I'd definitely say try to get a used Ibby over those, get one of the Agile models under $600, or buy something by ESP/LTD. The Douglas is decent enough if you're still learning a lot, but if you want to start recording and playing live it won't cut it.
^
This. Low end Agiles aren't anything write home about. You can usually find mid-range Ibanez 7s for around $300 or so that will outperform those Agiles in every way.
I'm looking at purchasing a 7 string and I was wondering if anyone used 9s. That's what I've always used on guitar in standard and have no gripes with the strings. Does the 52 B in Ernie Ball's have about the same overall tone as the E string?
I use 9s on a 7 string.

Lowest gauge I would recommend for the low B is 56 and that's fairly loose.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀