I think this is where this goes...

Alright so first of all I'm not "new". I've been playing for 5 years, without my fingers hurting at all. I was playing mostly on nylon strings for the 5 years and recently switched to a steel string guitar, and my fingers have been hurting for the past few weeks now. Normally I would just blame the new guitar, but I played the first two or three weeks without any problems at all. So my question is, is the new guitar hurting my fingers, and it just took a while to set in? or could it be something else? and if it is, how can I fix it? Thanks!
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

Well, now your back's gonna hurt, 'cause you just pulled landscaping duty.
- Happy Gilmore anyone?

Anywho,

What part of your fingers is hurting? If it's just your fingertips it's probably just from the strings. Steel strings can carve up your fingers pretty good if you haven't built up thick enough calluses. If it's your joints or muscle pain, it's probably a combination of problems with your posture and using too much pressure. You don't need to squeeze the fretboard. Apply just enough pressure to fret the note.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
you have just switched to a steel string... the strings are alot tougher and stronger.. they will hurt your fingers for a while..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Try different string gauge. Or switch back to nylon. Or just wait it out. Your fingers will adapt.
Ya it's just the tips not the joints. And thanks everybody! I was getting kind of worried hahaha
~ The Mad Hatter

Quote by Axe Murderer
Wimpy nylon to macho steel. Suck it up.

Haha I can handle it just fine, I was just worried it was something else because it took a while to start hurting...
~ The Mad Hatter