I have been playing guitar for nearly 4 years and I still use my Epiphone Les Paul Special II with a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp. Needless to say, I am due for an upgrade. Now I know you will tell me to get a new amp but I am currently playing my epi through my Mac in Garage Band so I believe a new guitar would benefit me greatly. My price range is between $500-$700. I do not have a specific genre but I do like to play a lot of grunge, alternative rock, a bit of punk, and I like to dabble in some metal. I also play a lot of clean riffs. Although I haven't tried many guitars out yet, I did play the Gibson Faded SG Special for $700 and loved it. I also looked at the Fender Deluxe Player Stratocaster for $600 but I did not play it yet. So what guitar would be great for my genre and price range?
Last edited by JimiZeppelin4 at Feb 22, 2012,
If you're looking for versatility I have an ibanez sas32ex with hardshell case for same for $400 plus shipping. It has 2 humbuckers with coil tapping to switch the from a humbuck to 2 singles. Very versitile guitar
Gibson Bill Kelliher Golden Axe Explorer
Agile Septor Pro 727
Peavey Ultra+ head
Randall XL cab w/Vintage 30s
Wampler Euphoria OD
Boss NS-2 Noise Surpressor
MXR 6-band EQ
Those guitars you list aren't significantly different from what you already got.

Might want to go for a mid-range Ibanez RG and spend the leftover cash on a pickup upgrade. Just make sure if you go with a Floyd-style trem that the knife edges haven't been f-d up by someone adjusting the action with the strings under tension--even if it's brand new; many stores either don't know better or intentionally set you up for the trem to fail sooner in the hopes that you sell it back to them cheap and buy a much more expensive replacement from them.

24 Fret ESP LTDs, Jacksons, and Schecters might also be good options for you. If you want a neck-through in that price range, then consider the Ibanez Xiphos. Beware that the Xiphos isn't great for live playing due to its huge guitar case (won't even fit in my Mustang unless I fold down the back seat) and the neck dives when you try to play it standing.
ESP/LTD best value! They play amazing and there's so many models to choose from. I'd recommend one of the EC models.
www.youtube.com/user/AlexRGuitar
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-TC electronic NovaSystem
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
Quote by JimiZeppelin4
Now I know you will tell me to get a new amp but I am currently playing my epi through my Mac in Garage Band so I believe a new guitar would benefit me greatly.

Honestly, I think the spider is better than the distorted tones on GB.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?