Page 1 of 2
Do you know anyone that has ever been caught and truly punished for pirating music?

I have a friend who claims it's incredibly stupid and dangerous to pirate any amount of music at all. He asked me to take this survey he is doing for a class and i think its crazy how against pirating he is.

Here is a link to the survey if you're bored.

Music Pirating Survey

So have you or do you know anyone that has ever truly been caught and punished for pirating music?
I know many people who have been warned here, but it's Canada. They kept downloading music and nothing happened, even years and terabytes of music later.
It's legal here, so no prob.
I downloaded a movie for a buddy, and I was warned by like Pixar or something through my internet provider.

They didn't punish me. All they asked was that I "remove the infringed file" from my computer, and respond to the email saying I complied. And that was that.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
I downloaded Ke$ha's album Animal. She threatened to tie me up, rape me with a strapon, then cover me in glitter.

I'm still waiting
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Your friend sounds paranoid. I'm not saying pirating is alright, but the people who put the files up should be the ones under scrutiny, and I feel like that's the case most of the time (You know, when the RIAA isn't raping people).
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I downloaded Ke$ha's album Animal. She threatened to tie me up, rape me with a strapon, then cover me in glitter.

I'm still waiting

Anyone but Ke$ha. Bitch looks like an eel drowning in olive oil.
Actually I think there's a few people around here that have had huge fines ($200k +) put on them for downloading like a shitton of stuff.

Of course that could all be rumors, or it could just be people they heard about on the news, idk.
I don't know anyone that has. I know I haven't, but then I most definitely do not download gigabytes of media on a fairly regular basis. So there's no reason I should be punished.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
George Costanza?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Quote by gordhop
Do you know anyone that has ever been caught and truly punished for pirating music?

I have a friend who claims it's incredibly stu(Invalid img)pid and dangerous to pirate any amount of music at all. He asked me to take this survey he is doing for a class and i think its crazy how against pirating he is.

Here is a link to the survey if you're bored.

So have you or do you know anyone that has ever truly been caught and punished for pirating music?

a friend who claims it's incredibly stupid and dangerous to pirate any amount of music at all. He asked me to take this survey he is doing for a class and i think its crazy how agai
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
...Ke$ha. Bitch looks like an eel drowning in olive oil.

This is accurate. But, ya know, there are plenty of worse-looking things than an eel drowning in olive oil.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
George Costanza?

Better than this

I wake up in the mornin' feelin like P Squiddy

Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
This is accurate. But, ya know, there are plenty of worse-looking things than an eel drowning in olive oil.

Still wouldn't want to fuck that, though.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

I was going to say John Travolta, but yours wins the cake.
got a letter from comcast for pirating Fable but no real punishment

Quote by Pagan_Poetry

she looks pretty good covered in makeup and glitter though
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Better than this

I wake up in the mornin' feelin like P Squiddy
God DAMN you scared me for a moment there. I just turned images back on.

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
My family has gotten a few of those cease and desist emails because my brother downloads popular movies without a proxy.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Have you seen that photograph of Ke$ha covered in some dude's love spunk? Didn't even know it existed until a couple weeks ago...
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Because you weren't sure if I posted Ke$ha's face or her vagina?
Kelly definitely changed my approach to viewing images on UG for a while.

Now I don't browse with my pants off anymore

Quote by due 07
Have you seen that photograph of Ke$ha covered in some dude's love spunk? Didn't even know it existed until a couple weeks ago...

No. PM me this.

Quote by Wolfinator-x
Kelly definitely changed my approach to viewing images on UG for a while.

Now I don't browse with my pants off anymore

I know =/
Kelly's a hot name too. Who would have thought...
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Kelly's a hot name too. Who would have thought...
It is

Quote by daytripper75
I don't know anyone that has. I know I haven't, but then I most definitely do not download gigabytes of media on a fairly regular basis. So there's no reason I should be punished.

there's no logic to who they decide to punish.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Urg. So I've been right in calling her a ***** this entire time?
I haven't seen it, yet I will no longer be able to think "Ke$ha bukkake" and not giggle like a little bitch.

I think it funny the survey ignores the fact that there are ways to buy music other than online.

A CD? What's that?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

(Invalid img)

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by izbbass
I think it funny the survey ignores the fact that there are ways to buy music other than online.

A CD? What's that?
A vinyl with down syndrome.

Quote by due 07
Have you seen that photograph of Ke$ha covered in some dude's love spunk?

Not covered.
Didn't even know it existed until a couple weeks ago...

Ya me neither. I think it was on Hipster Runoff, so I didn't even know if it was real... Nor did I care.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I actually wouldn't.

it's k, you look like dave grohl in your picture, you probably get around juuust fine.

due, you can feel free to pm me >.>

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
it's k, you look like dave grohl in your picture, you probably get around juuust fine.

You're the second person to have said that to me

But sadly I do not. I am too shy/picky/self conscious.
Quote by Darkness_Man
No one gets arrested for piracy. It's just propaganda to keep people from doing it.
Quote by Darkness_Man
Oh by the way that survey is a federal scam to get people arrested. DO NOT FILL IT OUT!!!

itsaconspiracy.jpg

Quote by Darkness_Man
No one gets arrested for piracy. It's just propaganda to keep people from doing it.

And if they were to get arrested, you'd stop the criminals first, right Darkness Man?

Darkness Man: Fighter for all that is apparently good, especially feeding hungry corporations just because the citizens of Pitville like to share.

CAPITALISM, AWAY!
Page 1 of 2