Hi i have a gibson sg standard and i'm looking into buying new pickups because mine are just to lose and muddy the lowest i tune for the most part is D standard so i was looking at the Dimarzio super distortion and the Seymour duncan invader any advice?

BTW i use a hot rodded egnater tweaker if that helps. thanks in advance
Well it depends on what kind of music you play. I play in D standard as well, and I put a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo in my LP custom and it sounds ****ing amazing. But I play I like to play a lot of different styles. A Dimarzio Super distortion is ok but its more for rock than metal (Ace Frehley from Kiss uses them) for the most part whereas the invader will be geared more towards metal.
Quote by Androidjoey
Hi i have a gibson sg standard and i'm looking into buying new pickups because mine are just to lose and muddy the lowest i tune for the most part is D standard so i was looking at the Dimarzio super distortion and the Seymour duncan invader any advice?

BTW i use a hot rodded egnater tweaker if that helps. thanks in advance

What kind of music do you play?
sorry i knew i forgot something i play mostly metal and hard rock like Metallica and iron maiden
I think both of the pickups are great to be honest, its all just personal preference. One pickup you should check out though is Gibson's 500t, it comes stock in explorers and i absolutely love the tone, its great for metallica stuff from kill 'em all to justice, and it sounds really good with maiden as well.
Quote by Wyocaster
I think both of the pickups are great to be honest, its all just personal preference. One pickup you should check out though is Gibson's 500t, it comes stock in explorers and i absolutely love the tone, its great for metallica stuff from kill 'em all to justice, and it sounds really good with maiden as well.

ok thanks ill check that out. There are so many pickups out there for metal that is near impossible to decide on one lol
Quote by shredder3386
Well it depends on what kind of music you play. I play in D standard as well, and I put a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo in my LP custom and it sounds ****ing amazing. But I play I like to play a lot of different styles. A Dimarzio Super distortion is ok but its more for rock than metal (Ace Frehley from Kiss uses them) for the most part whereas the invader will be geared more towards metal.

Thanks for the input looks like ill have a few more pickups to look into \m/