I am wondering what multi-effects pedal I can buy for under $200. I need It to be as close to a pedalboard as possible. Meaning I want it to have a quick stomp box type thing to put on distortion or delay type things.
I was thinking the line 6 floorpod plus
I know I'm probably gonna get attacked for the amount of BOSS hate on this site.

but...

ME-70 <--

150$
the only thing i don't like about it is the wah.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
Last edited by theonecalledjoe at Feb 23, 2012,
Look around ebay and craigs list for a used Line 6 POD HD300. Nothing else in the price range will come close to it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Zoom g3
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by abombination
I am wondering what multi-effects pedal I can buy for under $200. I need It to be as close to a pedalboard as possible.
Zoom G3
Don't get a POD, too much unnecessary bullshit for what it sounds like you need.

I am with the suggestion of a used Line 6 M9, or new M5. Same quality effects as the Pod HD's but instead are barebone effects and distortions, no complex amp modeling/cab modeling shit included. Only issue I have with it are the chorus models, but I have an easy trick of getting good chorus sounds "through the back door" (using a combination of other effects to make actual chorus).
yeah either the new POD HD series or Zoom G3 or even the G7.1tt or G9.2tt used can go for $200 or less.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Agree with Zoom G3. Awesome effects and pretty easy to use.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
What do I need for the slash sound.
I was thinking a delay, distortion, tuner.
if I go with that what do I need. I will make a pedalboard. But 1/4 inch cables and what do I need for a power supply for 5-6 pedals at the most?
What is the best quality amp I can get on amazon for around $30
Also what is better
Delay, distortion, tuner, wah, amp
Or
Line 6 floor pod plus.
or
zoom g7
Last edited by abombination at Feb 27, 2012,
Quote by abombination
What is the best quality amp I can get on amazon for around $30
Also what is better
Delay, distortion, tuner, wah, amp
Or
Line 6 floor pod plus.
or
zoom g7

honestly i am curious to see what pops up. really really really probably going to be bad with that budget on amp.

best one MF has is a fender tube mini amp with two 2 inch speakers in it. $30 runs off 9V's
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 27, 2012,
Well I have great speakers. I just need to figure out a way to get my pedals to run off them. The speakers plug into a headphone jack. I need something in between.
So I am thinking a stomp box pedalboard would be better. What do you guys think. Oh and what way pedal is best for about 20-40 on amazon
Quote by abombination
Well I have great speakers. I just need to figure out a way to get my pedals to run off them. The speakers plug into a headphone jack. I need something in between.
So I am thinking a stomp box pedalboard would be better. What do you guys think. Oh and what way pedal is best for about 20-40 on amazon

i honestly don't think you know what you are doing. guitar>into pedals, alter tone, may increase gain. pedals DO NOT amplify signal that a speaker would need. that is what amplifiers are for.

what speakers do you have?

as far as the low budget goes, you are going to get a bunch of things and be full of disappointment i would say. thats just me.

if you want an amp in a pedal get an EHX 44mag.

i really don't think you are going to have great results.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
You guys are the pros. Just reccomend. Me what I need to get for a slash AFD tone. $100 to spend. Plaese help. I'm new at effects. I was thinking either stompboxes but,........
Of course I will get more in a month or so. I just need $100 worth of stuff to get slash afd sound.
Oh by the way the speakers are peavey and a line 6.
Quote by abombination
You guys are the pros. Just reccomend. Me what I need to get for a slash AFD tone. $100 to spend. Plaese help. I'm new at effects. I was thinking either stompboxes but,........

you are not going to get it at that price. hell slash's wah is way over your budget (not that you need his exclusively), but if you look at CL hard you could find a $30 dunlop wah of some form. an amp wouldn't even be ideal, if you don't need to be heard and headphones are okay maybe a vox amplug. but it just isn't going to happen without saving more money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Good tone is expensive. You can't cheat your way there.

What is your total budget? What exactly do you have already?

Honestly, your best bet is to just settle for sometihng like a Vox VT or a Peavey Vypyr. Messing around trying to get FX with such a low budget is just going to get you crap tone.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sometimes I wonder how they managed to get the G3 at a $200 price point considering the features it has. Just a great all-around MFX unit that puts the $400-500 units to shame really.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by abombination

There's a couple of ways you can fake it until you come into more money.

To get Slash's tone, at a bare minimum, you should have;

a Les Paul of some kind
An amp capable of 'British' distortion (eg. Marshall)
optionally, a wah and/or delay.

One way to pull this off is to get a Pocket Pod, which will run you roughly $120 and has a bunch of band/song presets on it. One of them is "Sweet Child o' Mine". voila.

Another way is to get a modelling amp, like a Roland Micro-Cube. The Micro does British Stack emulation, so there's your Marshall. Plug in your guitar, roll off the tone knob, and you're good to go. Optionally, add in your wah cocked at around halfway.

It's not going to even remotely be perfect, but it's the best you can do for now.
Ok. I want the afd tone. I don't know what to get. Looking for something to become my live setup.
I was either thinking delay distortion and tuner and wah
or
Vox tonelab
Or
Line6 floor pod plus
Or
Line 6 xt live
Or
Anything you guys think wil be best
$ 100 is my Max. What can I get to start me off on my path to slashes pedalboard
I was thinking either the behringer rock and roll trio
Or
Ds1 and delay and chorus and tuner if I can
What does slash use for his pedalboard. Which ones do I actually need for songs like night train sweet child o mine welcome to the jungle and back from Cali paradice city and starlight. That's all I can play right now. I have a way. And board. What to start. And power source. $100 Max. Amazon if you can but anywhere else will do.
Will the behringer stomp box. Package give me slash tone if I buy a chorus to go with it. And wah
Any multifx i capable of giving you Slash tone. This is one of those... "if you have to ask then any multifx is good enough" questions.
Troll ebay for a Vox Tonelab. They're super solid.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
From what I gather TS hasn't even got an amp, has no idea how to use one and is clearly overwhelmed by the amount of available tools. Yet he needs all of this very quick for his 'live gigs'. We don't even know his guitar specs.

Two options: a good pair of headphones and a vox amplug for rockin' his ass of in the bedroom.

or

Someone sell this guy a Spider!!!
The only pedal Slash uses is a Wah Pedals. Do you even know what your talking about?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
The only pedal Slash uses is a Wah Pedals. Do you even know what your talking about?

he may have learnt in the 9 months since he posted it..
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
he may have learnt in the 9 months since he posted it..

By 9 months you mean two weeks?

Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by greeny23
no, i mean 9 months.

He join UG in 2012.

Digitech Bad Monkey