Newb starter that needs expert assistance. Since I'm not getting a PRS ME Quatro juuuust yet, would love to hear any and all opinions/experiences (good or bad) for any of the following. I have read everything I can get my hands on. I have watched countless YouTube vids. I have visited and held these in countless Music shops. I like classic rock, blues soul southern rock (eg. the Black Keys) and my personal style is more stoptail Gibson than tremelo Fender.

All that said... for sound, gear for the value, look, ease of play, well tuned machine, how would you rank or compare these?

Fernandes Ravelle/Monterey Elite $999.99
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/ravelle/ravelle-elite.html

Sustainer, great design, great look, and different body design with the Ravelle Elite

Schecter Tempest Custom $699.99
http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Tempest-Custom.aspx

Tuxedo and love the US setup service touch. I think comes w/ a case to boot.

BC Rich Deluxe Eagle $699.99
http://www.bcrich.com/eagle_classic_deluxe.asp

Know very little about this guitar

Michael Kelly Patriot Premium $699.99
http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/patriot_premium.html

IMO, geared out and at a low low price. This guitar does have some weight to it.

Epihone Les Paul Custom (Refurbed ) $599.99
http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Les-Paul/Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

I do like Epiphones, but why not just save a few more bucks and go Gibson?

I know these axes are all kind of obscure, and I apologize for the long first post. I'm leaning toward the Fernandes Ravelle Elite. I'll eventually own the Les Pauls and a PRSs, so I like the different look/& sustainer on the Fernandes Ravelle. Which I think will more than likely hold a spot in my collection, regardless of how advanced I get or how many more guitars I buy.

To me some of the other guitars I listed, and even the Monterey Elite in some respect, are just place setters until I buy the bigger and better Les Pauls. That said, still love to hear opinions & recs. A big thanks in advance for newb help.

J.Ho out
The Epihone looks pretty good although i have never tried the others. the thing with Gibson i found is that you won't find one with a good neck on it unless you spend mega money. A lot of the Epihones have better necks on them. Nice taste in guitars Les Pauls and PRS love the ones i have but i hate the neck on my gibson
Quote by Snake_river
the thing with Gibson i found is that you won't find one with a good neck on it unless you spend mega money.

and the wrong answer of the day award goes to....!
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.

and the wrong answer of the day award goes to....!

I'm saying don't set your eyes on a Gibson les pual they are a waste of money for what you get i know people who are happier with there Epihones than i am with my gibson . i would just save your money up and buy the PRS you want unless you really need a new ax and spec wise the Fernandes Ravelle/Monterey Elite looks pretty good
Quote by Snake_river
I'm saying don't set your eyes on a Gibson les pual they are a waste of money for what you get i know people who are happier with there Epihones than i am with my gibson . i would just save your money up and buy the PRS you want unless you really need a new ax and spec wise the Fernandes Ravelle/Monterey Elite looks pretty good

was that period a typo?
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by Snake_river
I'm saying don't set your eyes on a Gibson les pual they are a waste of money for what you get i know people who are happier with there Epihones than i am with my gibson .

Your Gibson must be a complete dog.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Its not to bad sounds great its just I find all my other guitar easier to play hell my 8 string has a better neck on it the necks on Gibson guitars I hate, ive played a few that had really nice necks on them but they were really over priced for what they were
Quote by Snake_river
Its not to bad sounds great its just I find all my other guitar easier to play hell my 8 string has a better neck on it the necks on Gibson guitars I hate, ive played a few that had really nice necks on them but they were really over priced for what they were

That doesn't make Gibsons overpriced. You just don't like them.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I really like them its just the necks on the mid range and cheaper gibson les pauls I don't like hell the high end epi have better necks on them
Quote by Snake_river
I really like them its just the necks on the mid range and cheaper gibson les pauls I don't like hell the high end epi have better necks on them

Nope.
Quote by TheSennaj