so here is a schematic http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=799 (sorry i don't know how to get it to show up better on here).

i chose this circuit because it is very simple. i am planning to build 5F1 based on these schematics, but i would like to only do the preamp.

i would like to build a power amp as well, based on the same power amp. but use the power amp for another preamp (another champ variant)

i am trying to figure out if i could use a different kit amp with it, still 5 watts.

is this reasonable? waste of time? stupid? let me know.

thanks in advance.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
not really worth it for a 5f1 circuit.

it barely qualifies as a preamp and a power-amp.

cut it wherever you want.

make sure you get a transformer that accounts for the difference.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I wouldn't try to really separate the whole shenanigans into two units, rather, I would put a preamp out jack and a power amp in jack. That way you can pipe out of the pre-amp or into the power amp. As for where to cut it, between the coupling cap coming off the anode of the second half of the 12AX7 and the 220k resistor to ground is where I'd cut it. I'd also add another coupling cap for the input to the power amp in case whatever pre-amp you run to it doesn't have one.
AM i figured it would be a good example here, however i maybe went too simple.

Quote by LeviMan_2001
I wouldn't try to really separate the whole shenanigans into two units, rather, I would put a preamp out jack and a power amp in jack. That way you can pipe out of the pre-amp or into the power amp. As for where to cut it, between the coupling cap coming off the anode of the second half of the 12AX7 and the 220k resistor to ground is where I'd cut it. I'd also add another coupling cap for the input to the power amp in case whatever pre-amp you run to it doesn't have one.

thanks.

i was going to practice on something little and cheap, than build a split plexi with a poweramp that i could potentially a different amp as well.

i am open to any ideas. still learning.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/