How many of you feel that you play way better and your guitar just feels 10x better when you have a pick that has a slight grind against the string. I feel like a have to have this or else it just doesn't sound right. It makes it so I can't stand a pick that's been used to very long at all.
I thought it was about being able to play a lot better while high. Which I would agree on.

The pick thing however. Nah. I use soft picks. Because I like to do a lot of ups/downs strums and I'm afraid the strings just break if I use a hard/thick one.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I thought it was about being able to play a lot better while high. Which I would agree on.

The pick thing however. Nah. I use soft picks. Because I like to do a lot of ups/downs strums and I'm afraid the strings just break if I use a hard/thick one.

I could see using the soft pick with strumming. I personally hard rock and metal and a little of a bunch of other things to keep from getting to bored so I like to a have a little grit in my playing.
Quote by thelordofdarkch
I could see using the soft pick with strumming. I personally hard rock and metal and a little of a bunch of other things to keep from getting to bored so I like to a have a little grit in my playing.

I play mostly punk/postpunk with mostly clean settings so I really need to use all six strings and therefore be able to quickly and smoothly play through the chords from top - down and up again with as little obstacle as possible.

Different playstyles I guess.
Doesn't really bother me. I hate using large picks, though, unless I'm just strumming chords.
Check out my band Disturbed
I need a soft pick for acoustic. I find it much easier to strum, keep rythm and play more delicately with them.

I find it easier to play with a medium pick for electric.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
(Invalid img)

Hehe I used to cut them out of old credit cards and used phone credit cards.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by slash_GNR666
(Invalid img)

I tried this once, it was the worst pick I had ever used.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
Meh. I just use Jazz III's.

This guy

And the super big ass bass-pics when I play full chords/accoustic.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Heaviest picks, lightest strings is an interesting combination. It sounds almost soft and delicate. Not so good for fast playing as the strings get a little hard to control.
Quote by King Donkey

Lol, the irony is that I use those too and they still get worn down. strings are 10-42 tuned 1 step down.
EDIT: 10-46
Last edited by thelordofdarkch at Feb 23, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I play mostly punk/postpunk with mostly clean settings so I really need to use all six strings and therefore be able to quickly and smoothly play through the chords from top - down and up again with as little obstacle as possible.

Different playstyles I guess.

I prefer a heavy pick and do a shitload of strumming. But then I play really aggressively.

I like these ones, purple ftw.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I use light picks and play mostly metal and stuff... (.6something dunlops).
If i have a heavier pick i feel klunky..
Quote by Holy Katana
I prefer a heavy pick and do a shitload of strumming. But then I play really aggressively.

I usually do too but I break my strings if I do. And I prefer to do these kind of strums;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OULLiXkwVck

Which is easier with a softer and thinner pick imo.
Quote by Julz127

I like these ones, purple ftw.

My nigga

Though I prefer the gator grip 1.14. better surface feel imo.
Quote by Våd Hamster
My nigga

Though I prefer the gator grip 1.14. better surface feel imo.

Actually I prefer fingering... with my fingers.

(Invalid img)
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by King Donkey

this

also a punk player, so im aggressive as shit with those little guys
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Julz127
Actually I prefer fingering... with my fingers.

OT: Reminds me of a time I had to borrow my rythm players pick. He uses .64 or some shit. I couldn't play worth dick that day
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Feb 23, 2012,