Hey man, that was some real fine playing! I especially liked your work in the guitar solos. You got a real nice blues tone going on. Ive always admired SRV and obviously you do to. Keep up the hard work
great tone, and great feel.

try to relax your pick hand, when i see videos of SRV, he makes it look easy and like its just coming out of his hands. shoot for the relaxed 2nd nature feel with your pick hand!
other than that I loved it and I subscribed!
Ok so.....

Your solo's sound good, your fills feel authentic, but your not really playing the rhythm the right way. You have the rake right for the mute but not for the notes along the way. You really should hit the note your after while raking all the muted strings at the same time.

Its a good cover, but having that distinct rhythm down pat is what makes this song sound the way it should.
Pretty good job overall. I've worked on this song a little before and have never really been able to get to a point where I feel 100% comfortable with the rhythm parts. I could hear you not matching with the recording a few times, but for the most part I thought it was great. I would suggest turning down the music a little because I couldn't always distinctly hear your guitar over it.

If you have a few minutes please check out one of my videos, my most recent is here but you can find more on my youtube channel https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517387
Last edited by Shpongled at Feb 25, 2012,
Love this song and loved your cover. Other than maybe a couple rhythm issues, I'd say this was damn well spot on!
Honey mustard is best mustard.
Thank you for all the kind words! And yeah I know my rhythm part isn't spot on, but I quite like it the way I play it.

Oh and for those who said I have good tone, I'm using a Squier Strat and a Marshall MG50
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!