Hi All,

Bit of a shot in the dark really, but I'm still trying to nail my own solo tone, and I absolutely love the tone Justin Hawkins gets in the first solo of Growing On Me. He's using a distortion pedal but I've no idea which one.

That's where I was hoping you guys could help!

Thanks in advance,
Dave
It's probably got a lot more to do with the amp he's using.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I was under the impression that the entirety of Permission to Land was done on a Univalve with nothing out in front. A small box marshall was used for a few of the solos, but as far as I know there aren't any pedals anywhere on that album.

What's your source for knowing there's a distortion pedal? I'd be interested to know if there really is one.
i thought he used a recto, colin? but maybe that was live. he could have used anything in the studio.

But agreed. i'd want to know the rationale for saying it's definitely a pedal, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To me, the albums sound like a boosted British voiced (a la JCM800) amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yeah the rhythms etc. and justin's brother's (dan? ) leads sound vintage(ish) british/marshall, but justin's stuff sounds a lot more modern and higher gain. could be wrong, though
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?