Afternoon all,

I'm currently using a Line 6 Spider Valve MK.1 212 amp - but the time has come for a change.

I'm looking for a mid - large combo amp and budget is around £500.

If I could get some suggestions/ reasons that'd be grand. Ideally, I need a nice clean tone, with a killer distortion - think Alter Bridge etc...
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
Of the top of my head, amps in that'll suit are:
Blackstar HT40/20
(the ht40 is more versatile)
They are awesome amps and EXTREMELY versatile, they can get from super clean funk or jazz to vintage blues to modern death metal. People will bitch about them having a solid state phase inverter (which is true) but everything else is tube and they sound awesome nonetheless and it's very hard to realist anything solid state about them.

Jet City JCA5012
Not as versatile but it's completely tube and sounds great. Eminence speakers, Soldano distortion (gets very heavy) and the cleans are pretty good. Unfortunately there's no reverb.

Jet City JCA5212RC
Better cleans than its former, less high gain but can still reach pretty high gain (may need a boost for metal. It also has built in tube driven spring reverb and is a 2x12.
Quote by Weirdbag
Peavey 6560 Combo?

Don't recommend something if you don't even know its name.
It's got way more gain on tap than you will ever need for alter bridge, poor cleans and too much mids.

BTW Its called the peavey 6505.
PM me buddy.

I can sort you something nice out

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I would suggest replying in a thread that you started in the first place. We can't do all the work, we need to know exactly what you and and what is catching your eye.
Thanks for the replys!

I tried a Blackstar HT 20 and A Peavey 6505 today. The Blackstar didn't really capture what I'm after in terms of distortion, whereas the 6505 didn't have a nice clean.

Been advised to look at the Valveking next!
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
^ **** that shit, get a traynor then (~£480 on thomann for the ycv50b)

i didn't recommend it sooner as i figured the peavey would do the distortion you wanted, but if you'd rather have an all-rounder, then the traynor is way better than the valveking.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?