I play a strat through a 100w sound city. Very clean indeed.

I have a cool cat drive which I'm very happy with for rhythm but I need something to boost it for leads.

I bought a TS808 clone but it's not cutting it for me really. I want something creamy smooth and big!

Suggestions?

Thanks, Luke
joyo ultimate drive? ocd clone for £25-£30.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
joyo ultimate drive? ocd clone for £25-£30.

Own one of these. Fantastic pedal. Sounds nearly identical to the OCD, costs 1/8th as much. You don't really have much to lose on it, give it a shot.
Quote by The Last Dandy
Own one of these. Fantastic pedal. Sounds nearly identical to the OCD, costs 1/8th as much. You don't really have much to lose on it, give it a shot.

just noticed joyo has released a bunch of new pedals, there might be something in that that'd work, too (plexi drive?).

coda music seems to be stocking them, so if you're in the area, you could try them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys!

The joyo pedals do look pretty amazing for the price!

As I am working with a tiny budget (spent way too much on needed gear this month) I may give the joyo a shot.

Also a big muff for leads maybe?
It is more of an overdrive/ distortion pedal after all?

I do have a fuzz but it's a classic fuzz face sound. Awesome pedal btw!

Cheers
The Big Muff is a fuzz but it's much smoother than most fuzzes. It can get your gritty fuzz tones if you turn the tone knob up.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
IIRC your Cool Cat Drive is an OCD clone, so it might not hurt to look at other options too. Maybe you could look into getting a clean boost (MXR Micro Amp, BBE Boosta Grande, or even just an EQ pedal with a level control) and placing it after your Cool Cat?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
oh right i missed that

fwiw i think the joyo one sounds a lot better than the dano one, but i haven't tried them head to head (my dano one died ). but at the same time, if you already have one, might be a bit redundant getting another.

I hate to ask, but how exactly are you unable to get a creamy tone with both your TS and OCD clones?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah ok.

Well the ts808 wasnt for me tbh. It could get me where I needed to be, but I felt it lacked something so I sold it. I think the big muff may be a good idea thinking about it. Pretty smooth!

But am open to suggestions. Cheap ones!

Thanks guys
Quote by souperman08
IIRC your Cool Cat Drive is an OCD clone
It's a Timmy clone.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It's a Timmy clone.

Thats the Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive IIRC.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by moominman2
Yeah ok.

Well the ts808 wasnt for me tbh. It could get me where I needed to be, but I felt it lacked something so I sold it. I think the big muff may be a good idea thinking about it. Pretty smooth!

But am open to suggestions. Cheap ones!

Thanks guys

Can you specify cheap? That can mean $20, or "Less expensive than a Klon" depending on who is talking, haha.
Quote by moominman2
Ahhh probably around £40 mate

For that much, I would look into a Digitech Bad Monkey or a EHX LPB-1. For new pedals anyways, used you never know what might come up.
Graphic eq?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by NakedInTheRain
that's the v1 TOD.

+1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?