he every one .....i m new to metal...and have problem soloing metallica songs:
please see my videos at :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCrD8exfdZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1BDNcrwOI4

and comment whats wrong with me

the gear i m using is mentioned there...i have learnt them myself without any training from classes...

my homemade guitar ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUiW3oAMfA8&feature=plcp&context=C3503823UDOEgsToPDskILGpLwzhJwQNKGSXl4nxCw

i loved metallica so much that i made this since i could not afford one...
well it looks like you need a bit more practice you proabbly havent been playing that long right

you need to work on a few things...first of all your tone is horrendous >.< i couldnt listen to the whole thing you should find some better settings with less harsh disortion

secodn your picking hand has alot of tension and isnt very accurate theres quite a few mistakes in your picking try relaxing your hand a more and practice playing slower before you start workign on mettalica solos

also work on your fretting technique i noticed you dont use your pinkie all that much and kinda just stick out there most of the time try to have your hand closer to the fret board and use it to mute stirngs youre not playing for cleaner sound

also finally work on your timing play with a metronome and practice it slowly first unt il you got your technique down

also im not sure if it was jsut me being up at 7 when i wet to sleep at like 2 hours ago but i think it was also out of tune...
which reminds me work on your bends they should be smooth and in tune as well

anyway good luck mate
Quote by siddiq4321
he every one .....i m new to metal...and have problem soloing metallica songs:
please see my videos at :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCrD8exfdZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1BDNcrwOI4

and comment whats wrong with me

the gear i m using is mentioned there...i have learnt them myself without any training from classes...

my homemade guitar ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUiW3oAMfA8&feature=plcp&context=C3503823UDOEgsToPDskILGpLwzhJwQNKGSXl4nxCw

i loved metallica so much that i made this since i could not afford one...

Your timing is terrible and you seem to not be able to hit the notes fast and clean enough. Cure: start practising easier songs and work up in dificulty. Always use a metronome and start at half the speed.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
You're having too much trouble with the rhythm anyway, work on that first and you might have more luck.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
At your technical level, you need music that is not so advanced. I would recommend finding a guitar instructor who can create arrangements of advanced music based on your technical level. In addition to that—practice - work on your technical ability. There are many online guitar lessons available. I recommend Free Guitar Videos . Best of luck!
You need to get back to basics. For now i think you should completely ignore all Metallica solo's. Focus on the very basics of rhythm first. Sure it's more fun to play solo's but it'll damage your technique in the long run if you ignore the rhythm. You're just not ready to play Metallica solo's unfortunately
my guitar is so cheap that it cant even stay in tune for a song with bends...and so cheap is my gear and digital distortions.....not forgeting that i have no basics nor practice...

thanku very much guys.....
u r tips will help me a lot in the run..all u r words were encouraging....

since i have no classes hear..in my backward city ....and none of my frinz like metal music....
u all were the one who guided me...
Cheer up! We all have to start somewhere.
I remember wanting to just throw my guitar somewhere out of my sight when I started. There were days when I completely hated that thing because I couldn't do anything with it. And when I could it didn't sound too good. BUT... I kept at it and even though I've been only playing for around a year now I am at a level I thought I'd never reach. Persistence is key. If you want to become good at playing, you will.

Also, most of the people I know who play guitar have never had any lessons and neither have I. And that's fine because of the internet being a great resource for learning guitar nowadays. I'm sure you'll find lots of useful material on this and many other sites. I hear "justinguitar" is a popular one around here. We're here to help too!

To help you at this point:

1. Left hand technique:
Work on your fretting. It seemed that at times, you were using the pads of your fingers rather than the tips. Also try keeping your fingers close to the fretboard, as in not forcing them to stay there but keeping your hand relaxed so you won't lift them high off.

2. Right hand technique: Picking motion should come from the wrist. Also try to relax, you seemed a bit tensed up there.

3. Crank down the gain just a bit.

4. Slow down! The most common mistake ever made in my opinion is trying to play too fast when you can't. I am also guilty of this myself. If something seems above your level, you should still work on it because it will help you improve. Just take it slow. Slow enough so you could observe every movement you make. Focus.
5. Relax.
6. *cough* Download *cough* Guitar Pro. Best piece of software out there for learning guitar (IMO).

Good luck and have fun!
Last edited by lilke at Feb 24, 2012,
Slow down. You tried to go too fast, too soon. You need to play slowly to learn to play fast. Start with something easier or just really slow down the song. Use a metronome to help your timing. As it is now, it needs a lot of work. Work on muting and accuracy, not speed. And play around with your amps settings to find a better tone.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I don't think to have enought experience to say you how to improve your technique, but since I have often trouble with rhitm, I can advice you to choose some good and slow solo to learn.
My teacher told me to learn this one, when I had a lot of timing problems (solo from 5:54 to the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA6Avn328Vw

I do think this is an amazing solo, but you need to keep the time right to make it sound good. You also have to play it clean and learn some fingerpicking, it is also really enjoiable to play.

Learning it helped me, maybe it can help you too.
Or any other slow song can do it, I guess. Maybe try "nothing else matters" if you want to play only metallica .
Theres too much wrong with your sound and technique to talk about here but the main things i noticed were

1.Rhythm. You were not locking into the groove. This wil take time to develop but ideally you should lock into the groove and not even have to think about timing (unless it's a complex rhythm. You should try playing along with music, a metronome and backing tracks. Also try and tap your foot while playing and wheneer you are listening to music, find and tap to the beat.

2.Bends and Vibrato - Learn proper bending technique

1. thumb over neck
2. Use third finger to fret note you intend to bend
3. Middle finger supports the string and sits next to third finger
4. First finger slides iver the top and mutes above one or two strings
5. Your hand moves as a unit and the otion comes from the wrist, not fingers

To develop vibrato you will have to focus on guitarists other than Kirk Hammett. I suggest listening to lots and lots and lots of Gary Moore, David Gilmour and Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden). Vibrato technique is similar to bending technique.

Other things worth focusing on include

- Relaxing the picking hand
- Improving your tone (less gain, more mids, splash of reverb and some delay maybe?)
- Muting technique
- Fretting a note correct (tip of finger)

You will get there with time and effort
Thank u guys...ill read ur reviews all the time...i have a problem...
Appereciate it greatly......
when we start driving a car we drive it slowly 1st(that's how every racer did)
So if you're new to fast solos then start them also slowly and then play fast.
Last edited by alcatraz alonso at Feb 27, 2012,
Classical guitar technique can be organized broadly into subsections for the right hand, the left hand, and miscellaneous. In guitar performance elements such as musical dynamic and tonal variation are mostly determined by the hand that physically produces the sound. In other words, the hand that plucks the strings defines the musical expression. Historically this role has been assigned to the dominant hand which, for the majority of players, is the right hand. Similar reasoning is behind string players using the right hand for controlling the bow. In the following discussion the role of the hands should be reversed when considering left-handed players.
Quote by qeemat
Classical guitar technique can be organized broadly into subsections for the right hand, the left hand, and miscellaneous. In guitar performance elements such as musical dynamic and tonal variation are mostly determined by the hand that physically produces the sound. In other words, the hand that plucks the strings defines the musical expression. Historically this role has been assigned to the dominant hand which, for the majority of players, is the right hand. Similar reasoning is behind string players using the right hand for controlling the bow. In the following discussion the role of the hands should be reversed when considering left-handed players.

*reported*

Silly bot, thinks it's people. ^_^
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ok...i m understanding....where can i learn the scale details of the freatboard online..?
Thankx...
- Learn the song correctly

- Look for some picking lesson here or youtube

- practice rythym guitar, use metronome (Slow down it first!!!)

- practice some scales

- Bending

- after you practice all of that, u should try soloing
Dont talk Bullsh1ts..just help
Quote by alcatraz alonso
when we start driving a car we drive it slowly 1st(that's how every racer did)
So if you're new to fast solos then start them also slowly and then play fast.

To add to what Alcatraz has said formula 1 drivers drive the tracks they race at tremendous speed, but first they walk the track and study every corner.
But this goes up to 11
Quote by siddiq4321
Ok...i m understanding....where can i learn the scale details of the freatboard online..?
Thankx...

www.all-guitar-chords.com The have a huge library of scales and chords and everything else you need. But what would help you more is to just figure them out for yourself. Start off by learning the notes of the fretboard. Then learn the intervals of the major scale. Then the minor scale and move on from there.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by mrbabo91
Theres too much wrong with your sound and technique to talk about here but the main things i noticed were

1.Rhythm. You were not locking into the groove. This wil take time to develop but ideally you should lock into the groove and not even have to think about timing (unless it's a complex rhythm. You should try playing along with music, a metronome and backing tracks. Also try and tap your foot while playing and wheneer you are listening to music, find and tap to the beat.

1. thumb over neck

To develop vibrato you will have to focus on guitarists other than Kirk Hammett. I suggest listening to lots and lots and lots of Gary Moore, David Gilmour and Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden). Vibrato technique is similar to bending technique.

- Improving your tone (less gain, more mids, splash of reverb and some delay maybe?)
- Muting technique

Dude u have helped me improve a lot man....always apperiaciate...
Can u help me more on....

1. I wondr should i pik hard or soft as a learner or a pro later...Till now i find soft picking easy on some songs while hard on other....
Kirk hamett says metal involves very hard picking on hig gauge strings...
I thing hard picking is when i m a pro. ?..rigt..?

2. Which string gauge should i use..10 set? Mostly 10 set is common but players also play hy rid ones..so my question is tell me the complete gauge for high and low strings...

3.pick i should use..? Dunlop .86?
4. Is it neccesary that for soloing guitar requires very small fret wire o n the fret board and lowest highted strings....? Also tell me an average action i shoul set...
5.HELPMME GET AMP....
Laney cub series or the lv seires....
Cub is all tube but has no crunch channel (i think boss metal zone and or an overdrive pus compressor will take the place of the cruh channel...m i right..)
Cub 10 vs cub 12 lv100
6. Separate stomboxex cost heavy...is there any alternative way something digital..?
Quote by mrbabo91

1. thumb over neck

- Muting technique

Dude u have helped me improve a lot man....always apperiaciate...
Can u help me more on....

1. I wondr should i pik hard or soft as a learner or a pro later...Till now i find soft picking easy on some songs while hard on other....
Kirk hamett says metal involves very hard picking on hig gauge strings...
I thing hard picking is when i m a pro. ?..rigt..?

2. Which string gauge should i use..10 set? Mostly 10 set is common but players also play hy rid ones..so my question is tell me the complete gauge for high and low strings...

3.pick i should use..? Dunlop .86?
4. Is it neccesary that for soloing guitar requires very small fret wire o n the fret board and lowest highted strings....? Also tell me an average action i shoul set...
5.HELPMME GET AMP....
Laney cub series or the lv seires....
Cub is all tube but has no crunch channel (i think boss metal zone and or an overdrive pus compressor will take the place of the cruh channel...m i right..)
Cub 10 vs cub 12 lv100
6. Separate stomboxex cost heavy...is there any alternative way something digital..?
7.which is the best distortion....
Amp distortion on crunch channel or the stomb bose with a clean amp or a distortion with overdriven amp or a overdrive plus compressoer pedal pus clean amp?....
I know it is a personal review....but i dont have many choices in my city to try...,i have to decide and buy online.....so pez expain in detail.....

Thankx in advanxe....