The best guitar for you is the one that gets you excited about playing.

Some may laugh at the idea of buying a Squier strat and thinking you're Jimi Hendrix for 5 days, but think about it... If you get that RUSH from playing? Mission accomplished.

Anything to get you to pick up the instrument and play, and get addicted to that feeling.

If you are a beginner you WILL NOT buy a guitar that is worthy of a professional. You WILL (unless your Daddy's rich) likely be looking at one of the following models:

Epiphone
Cort
Squier
Yamaha
etc.

So what? What you should shop for is an instrument store you can TRUST and establish a relationship with. That is NOT GUITAR CENTER!!!!!

A local shop will SUPPORT you and if you buy something like the above (Epi, Cort, whatever) and something goes wrong, which is likely, then they SHOULD service it for you and get you playing again...

Find a shop you can trust and some dudes (or dudettes) that will be with you for several years as you grow as a guitarist. Start with the place you take lessons (if you do).

When you get $300 and get excited about that Epiphone Les Paul that's been staring at you for months, then BUY IT!!!

Why?

You will get it and feel a wonderful high from owning this beautiful thing called a guitar, and you will plug it in and feel this delightful electricity all up and down your spine, and that joy is called BEING A MUSICIAN!

It's a wonderful, beautiful thing, and your specific choice of a $300 instrument means very little. What means A LOT is your motivation to play it, and the willingness of your COMMUNITY - that is your family and friends and the guys at the guitar shop to support you in your new addiction.

And that's what it is, an addiction. It's the best addiction! As a proud junkie (of music) let me suggest to you MY first guitar:

Yamaha Pacifica - a fine instrument that comes stock with crappy pickups.

Pickups are relatively cheap: $100 is a great idea for Christmas!!

So put some Seymour Duncans or EMG's on your list to Santa this year.
Yes.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Yes.

this
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
This was a waste of my time
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Just stick a boss metalzone through a Marshall MG. Be a'ight.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by griffin888
Live to win.

till you die
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Mr. Flibbles got the idea
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
only personal views dude...
go to the store and ask them
i say yamaha pacifica 012 for a beginer...