My jackson DKMG Dinky. Will it go smoothly? How much modding will be involved?
I am sick and tired of dive bombing and being immediately out of tune with this licensed p.o.s. tremelo. I want the real deal. So any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
I think that the OFR is the same size as the Jackson one. All you have to do is look at the specs.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The license and the Original are pretty much the same shape and fit, it should fit right in. Id suggest getting a better locking nut too, to have the top line floyd setup.
MASTODON FTW
Are you sure the stock bridge is set up absolutely properly? You might just need a little tweak to get it working properly. Just suggesting it to save you potentially save you the money/effort.
yeah check your setup it might not be quite right though if you are looking for some of the other great tricks with a Floyd style bridge like some nice chirps and such an OFR or a Gotoh will do that for you. I dropped a Gotoh directly in place of my Jackson LFR on my DK2 and it is soo nice and smooth. Not to mention a little cheaper than an OFR
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
I had the exact same guitar and could rag the SH*T out of the trem and id still be in tune, in drop B tuning. Its all about setting it up right, you could float a new OFR in the guitar, but if its not set right, it will still be crap.
Got wood?
I am more at ease now in my thought process everybody, thanks for the tips. About a year ago I had it set up by a guitar tech tht came from GIT and excelled in this stuff and awhile back I made a thread to help a nut problem on the same guitar. It was a little offset but I fixed it (didn't take hardly any work) and I had the same guy set it up again, new springs evrything. And it still just doesn't stand up against my buddy's soloist with an OFR in it. So I'm finally gonna throw down the dough to fix it up
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Well if it's like that it went down to have it professionally set up and it still wont hold on to itself then throw in the adventure to upgrade to the OFR

Sad to know you have to spend that much money on it but meh, it's better than being onstage and having it go out of tune after just touching it for a while xD. You always have to give a little bit just to play more reliably sometimes.

Cheers and luck on the mod!!
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P