Hello there UG fellows.

I'm looking for an 7 string guitar for a maximum price of a 1000$. Was looking at Esp ltd SC 207 and Ibanez Rga7. Mostly i play alt metal like Deftones/Korn or trash metal like Metallica/Slayer ( i known they are playing on 6 ).
Last edited by rockstar256 at Feb 23, 2012,
Well in Deftones, Metallica, and Slayer at least someone in the band plays ESP, KoRn Plays Ibanez. I had an Ibanez 7 string and it just didn't sound right (even with Dimarzio D activators) then I got my ESP F string and I love that thing. So I recommend ESP, maybe a H-1007?
Not sure if you're a member already, but you might want to check out sevenstring.org (just because those guys are so into 7 string models).

But have you seen the new ESP Alex Wade signature model? http://espguitars.com/guitars/signature/aw-7.html? It's right in your price range and has a great set of features...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by Pg.inc_music
I had an Ibanez 7 string and it just didn't sound right (even with Dimarzio D activators)

Ibanez pickups are crap and D Activator 7s are notoriously crap as well (whereas the 6 and 8 string versions are good, oddly enough).

That said out of the OP I'd recommend the RGA7 over the SC207 - much nicer guitar comparatively although the pickups are among the worst Ibanez have ever made. Otherwise yes ESP LTD can be very good to look at - if you wanna go the SC route try get a 607 instead. And yeah there are a tonne of used 7 stringers on sevenstring.org
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Thanks guys, i was looking at these models, its hard to find a average good 7 string for a price maxiumum to 1000 dollars, damn
Quote by rockstar256
Thanks guys, i was looking at these models, its hard to find a average good 7 string for a price maxiumum to 1000 dollars, damn

What's the problem? This is under your price point and is a freakin' hell of a guitar!

http://www.gearhounds.com/esp-ltd-alex-wade-aw-7-electric-guitar-blood-red-sunburst.aspx
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Any preference in scale lenght, neck, etc?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
i've heard good things about the ibanez 7's.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by VVolverin3
Ibanez pickups are crap and D Activator 7s are notoriously crap as well (whereas the 6 and 8 string versions are good, oddly enough).

That said out of the OP I'd recommend the RGA7 over the SC207 - much nicer guitar comparatively although the pickups are among the worst Ibanez have ever made. Otherwise yes ESP LTD can be very good to look at - if you wanna go the SC route try get a 607 instead. And yeah there are a tonne of used 7 stringers on sevenstring.org

people on SSO love D-activator 7s.

I'm gonna second the Alex Wade sig.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
*shrug*

Each to their own
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Sorry forgot about my topic, thanks for replies however i need to mention i live in Poland so range of the guitars isnt that big atm. And budget will be up to 700, rather 500$ ( 1700-2000 PLN) Thought 1 dollar is 2 pln, but its 4 :s sigh. So AW7 or other like H 1007 are out of my budget.

I was searching through youtube and found lots videos of Ibanez RG7321, although didnt liked it much.

Im thinking really of LTD sc207, it cost in my country 400-500 $ in stores. There were good videos on yt about it and bad. Ive noticed people change their PU often do dimarzio or emg,

What do you think overally about Sc 207 , 400 dollars cost. First 7 string?
Last edited by rockstar256 at Jun 3, 2012,
I would skip it. LTD 200 series is pretty crap.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I own one. I've also played most LTD's and some ESP's (as well as pretty much everything else out there) extensively. LTD 200's are overpriced, and use really crap woods. The hardware is decent now (FR Special, as opposed to the no name LFR's LTD's used to have), but the wood really holds them back. Besides the tone, the finishing is pretty bad (mine has horrible frets, and so do most of the others I've played). It's hard to quantify, hence why specs on paper don't really mean much, but cheaper LTD's just feel *bad*.

Some LTD's are ridiculously good. Namlely, the ones made around or before 2006, when they were all (or at least 300+'s were) made in Korea. After that they started moving production to Indonesia and China, and their quality and feel has been in sharp decline ever since. I know most people don't take me seriously when I say it, but I can confidently say that my '06 MIK H-301 is on par with LTD Deluxes being pumped out today. At least as far as tonewoods and finish are concerned (obviously Deluxes have way better hardware, but in the end that doesn't matter much, as it's all replaceable). They're just not that good anymore.

/rant.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 3, 2012,
Damn, now im dissapointed.. but thanks for the info about it. Do not know really what i should buy, im sick of Ibanez, not that fact they have bad guitars but all thsoe Rg series, everyone tells me to get Ibanez rg7321 with new PU.

Should wait and get LTD mh 417 or else? ( mh 417 800$ here)
Living in Poland you should really save up and get a Mayones.

But seriously: are there any guitar stores that you can go to, to try out some of these guitars? Cause that's going to be the biggest deciding factor.

How much do RGA7s go for? If you can afford one of them + new pickups then that'd be a good buy. Personally I think they're quite good for a budget guitar - they play nicely anyway, but yeah the pickups are pretty bad.

Also, agree with Offworld about avoiding the LTD-200s. They're not so bad it's just they're really over priced, not worth what you pay for them, etc. The LTD 600s (SC607b) are a lot better from what I've played, although even then somewhat overpriced.

And yeah the MH417 should probably be a decent guitar if you can save up for it. Never played one myself though so I can't really confirm anything.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Well mayones is out of question, it stands minimally 2000$ up to 5000$.

Thought about rga7, but getting new pickups and rga 7 will cost me more than MH417, got mh 417 for 750$-700$. Well so i got to save up twice as much atm, will get MH417 in a two months. And yes Stephen signatures are overpiced.
Quote by richardlpalmer
What's the problem? This is under your price point and is a freakin' hell of a guitar!

http://www.gearhounds.com/esp-ltd-alex-wade-aw-7-electric-guitar-blood-red-sunburst.aspx

How about the Alex Wade signature?
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Well not really into schecters :S Gotta get that MH417, was looking at ibanez but it felt overpriced sort of
If you can spend a little over $1000, Strictly 7 makes LOVELY guitars http://strictly7.com/us-passive (they also make a more expensive active series if you need that)
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153