I am looking at buying a new amp after spilling wine over my current amp. I have narrowed my choices down to a fender blues jr 15 watt on fender hot rod deluxe 40 watt.

I mainly play clean or with a bit of crunch. The music I play is mainly hendix, Mayer, frusciante sort of stuff.

I am mostly going to play in my bedroom however I do want to start gigging soon so will need one that is capable of playing at gigs over a drummer and keeping that clean tone and don't know if the blues jr is capable of that. Which would be more suitable for me?
If anyone needs any more information just ask

Thanks
Quote by Tpiz
I am mostly going to play in my bedroom however I do want to start gigging soon so will need one that is capable of playing at gigs over a drummer and keeping that clean tone and don't know if the blues jr is capable of that.

Nope, blues junior can't do that without being miced into the PA.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Nope, blues junior can't do that without being miced into the PA.

Thanks I have my answer
Might want to check out a peavey classic 30 also.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by Tpiz
Thanks I have my answer

Just FYI I have a Blues Junior that I love and the guys I jam with regularly both have Hot Rod Deluxes that I'm not as keen on, so I'm not just saying that hypothetically or due to bias. I prefer the sound of the BJr, but for gigging the added headroom of the HRD is really needed, and the sound isn't that much worse. (Worth noting that my BJr has an upgraded speaker so that's part of the difference, I'm sure.)

Good luck to you!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
check out other ampstoo. for frusciantre and hendrix a fender [probably isnt the best choice cos i am sure that you will want good distortion/overdrive at some point and unfortunately fender amps just cant seem to do that. what about a blackstar HT40?
I always loved the clean channel on my HRD and it took pedals really well. It's a solid amp, but you'll need a pedal for anything beyond light crunch because the OD channel isn't very good IMO.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by itamar100
check out other ampstoo. for frusciantre and hendrix a fender [probably isnt the best choice cos i am sure that you will want good distortion/overdrive at some point and unfortunately fender amps just cant seem to do that. what about a blackstar HT40?

Utter bullshit. Go away.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!