i have a vypyr tube 60. any time i use the tubescreamer stompox with any high gain amp it feedbacks like crazy and drives me nuts.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Did you get a longer guitar cable and stand back away from the amp as suggested before? Can we assume this happens with both of your guitars and with or without any of those other pedals plugged in? You had feedback issues with your Vypyr 15 right?
You're probably using to much gain. Try turning down the gain on your amp. If it still feeds back, reduce the gain on your Tubescreamer. You could also try increasing the bass and mid on your amp and reducing the treble.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Did you get a longer guitar cable and stand back away from the amp as suggested before? Can we assume this happens with both of your guitars and with or without any of those other pedals plugged in? You had feedback issues with your Vypyr 15 right?

it happens more so with the ltd with the active pickups. really really bad. if i turn the pre gain low its not nearly as bad. but with it cranked the feedback is just terrible. without the tube screamer stompbox its not bad at all. i havent really tried any of the other stompboxes. and no I dont use any of the pedals I have. they were gifts. so I keep them around. and yes im using a new cable. its 1 foot livewire. sorry guys im really new at this. does nobody else have probs with the tube screamer on this series of amps?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
it happens more so with the ltd with the active pickups. really really bad. if i turn the pre gain low its not nearly as bad. but with it cranked the feedback is just terrible. without the tube screamer stompbox its not bad at all. i havent really tried any of the other stompboxes. and no I dont use any of the pedals I have. they were gifts. so I keep them around. and yes im using a new cable. its 1 foot livewire. sorry guys im really new at this. does nobody else have probs with the tube screamer on this series of amps?

It still sounds to me like you're using too much gain and/or volume. Without a noisegate the only answer is to lower the input gain/volume from the Tubescreamer and/or lower the gain/volume of your amp.
Quote by romeozdistress
yes im using a new cable. its 1 foot livewire.

There's your problem... you're only using a foot long cable

It sounds to me like a gain/EQ issue. How close are the pickups to the high strings? What are your EQ settings? Are you maxing the gain? If you're using all the gain... well, you're using too much gain.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Feb 23, 2012,
Quote by romeozdistress

Do you mean 10 feet?

Anyway, i'm not sure what the problem is. I would have to say on most of my 'metal' clips the Pre Gain is at least on 3 o'clock. The one using the Recto setting I used a boost stompbox (X-boost) I think. On the Diezel clip I didn't use a boost but included what I call a lot of 'controlled feedback' meaning I stood pretty close to the amp. And on my Pedal Demo I used a Zakk Wylde OD pedal at the end and didn't have any problems.

Try facing away from the amp at different angles. The amp has a built in noise gate and I hear the latest software patch fixes some of the problems it had.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 23, 2012,
I often play my amps loud enough so that when I hold a note it feeds back. When playing that loud you have to roll the guitar's volume back to zero when you stop playing and be careful about muting strings you don't want to feed whilst playing. Rolling off the volume control at the end of a song is a time honoured technique that's worth practising. Playing in front of a loud amp is a technique all of its own.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I often play my amps loud enough so that when I hold a note it feeds back. When playing that loud you have to roll the guitar's volume back to zero when you stop playing and be careful about muting strings you don't want to feed whilst playing. Rolling off the volume control at the end of a song is a time honoured technique that's worth practising. Playing in front of a loud amp is a technique all of its own.

thanks and ohh i meant to say a 15 foot cable.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A