Page 1 of 2
So reading killjoy_bentley's fail of a thread gave me an idea.

I'm sure I'm not the only pipe smoker on this site. Let's get a thread for us more old fashioned smokers.

These are my pipes, along with one jar (of many) of tobacco.

I have a 50/50 mix of burley and caledonian white which I smoke the most. It fits really well with coffee.

So, share your pipe smoking stuff!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^ 'ported

Quote by vagelier
cant upload a pic, but this is mine:
http://www.pipeforum.com/forum/475933726

I'm from Sweden, jackass.
Do I absolutely have to smoke tobacco with whatever in a pipe? I'm quite interested in using a pipe but I don't wish to ruin my lungs >.>
Proud user of Apple hardware!
Old, terrible powertabs

Quote by whoomit
Don't start, or I'll logic you right in the thyroid.
Eww poop everywhere.

Anyhoo, I have an awesome Churchwarden style of pipe made from briar wood, made in Denmark by a pretty good pipemaker. Turns out you need to throw down $150+ for a good pipe. I'll post a picture of it when I go out to the car later.

Haven't been smoking pipe tobacco as much - just bought some tobacco a few days ago after a long time of not having smoked it. Got some Natural Cavendish and a nice blend of light/dark stuff.

Stay classy, my friends.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Bongs > Pipes.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
Bongs > Pipes.

You don't understand the purpose of this discussion... try taking a bong rip of pipe tobacco... and have fun coughing out a lung.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Eww poop everywhere.

Anyhoo, I have an awesome Churchwarden style of pipe made from briar wood, made in Denmark by a pretty good pipemaker. Turns out you need to throw down $150+ for a good pipe. I'll post a picture of it when I go out to the car later.

Haven't been smoking pipe tobacco as much - just bought some tobacco a few days ago after a long time of not having smoked it. Got some Natural Cavendish and a nice blend of light/dark stuff.

Stay classy, my friends.

Ah cool, churchwardens look easier to smoke. What would you say the difference is when you go up in price for pipes? Mine costs relatively little but I say they do the job.

Quote by paintITblack39
i remember when there was no pooping allowed here.

Those were the days...

Quote by BurningStarlV
What does a decent pipe cost and what's a good tobacco for beginners?

My cheapest (and most used) I got from e-bay for practically nothing. China clones I think. You can get them fairly cheap in stores as well.

I started smoking caledonian white which is pretty easy to smoke, it gives a taste of vanilla and nuts. I mix it with burley which is more "heavy" and chocolatey flavoured.
Last edited by Kensai at Feb 23, 2012,
Quote by darkstar2466
You don't understand the purpose of this discussion... try taking a bong rip of pipe tobacco... and have fun coughing out a lung.

What you do is empty out a cig. And put some in your bong hits.
I was never a tobacco fan. But i like looking at pipes, theyre so fancy.
Quote by BurningStarlV
What does a decent pipe cost and what's a good tobacco for beginners?

The first pipe I bought was a $7 corn cob pipe. It will last you about 25 - 30 sessions (a session being a couple of bowls a day) and will start degrading after, but it's a good intro to pipe smoking and seeing if you like it enough to buy a more expensive pipe. Highly suggest starting out with a cheap corn cob. You still have to watch out for the grain/finish of the corn cob - make sure there are no little cracks.

As for tobacco, try an Aromatic English or Natural or Golden Cavendish. The English will give you that classic "oh I'm in London and I'm being fancy smoking a pipe" kind of taste. The Cavendishes have some dark tobacco mixed in and will give you a richer/deeper taste and go better with colder weather, mefeels.
Quote by Kensai
Ah cool, churchwardens look easier to smoke. What would you say the difference is when you go up in price for pipes? Mine costs relatively little but I say they do the job.

Pipe pricing depends entirely on the maker, the brand, and style. Nicely made Sherlocks will cost as much as a mid-range Churchwarden, but I think Churchwardens tend to be priced a little higher than the others. You can get a decent church for $70, but it only gets better as you throw more money at it.

They're definitely the funnest to smoke. You take long, slow puffs and let the tobacco burn slow. Pretty much Gandalf stuff hehe.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
...Do hookahs count as pipes? (braces self for yelling)

Grape shisha is perhaps the best tobacco you can smoke out of those things. My hookah is half my height.
Quote by EyeForgot
I dont like death
except DETH

Rust in piece, Brennan.

you don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

i crossed my arms and felt like a pretzel named sophie

The universe, man
Quote by darkstar2466
Pipe pricing depends entirely on the maker, the brand, and style. Nicely made Sherlocks will cost as much as a mid-range Churchwarden, but I think Churchwardens tend to be priced a little higher than the others. You can get a decent church for $70, but it only gets better as you throw more money at it.

They're definitely the funnest to smoke. You take long, slow puffs and let the tobacco burn slow. Pretty much Gandalf stuff hehe.

Are they easy to keep lit? That's always a problem for me.

My next pipe will be something from the chacom match series, probably this billiard. It's about £65 which is more than all my other pipes cost together.

Quote by \m/Death\m/
...Do hookahs count as pipes? (braces self for yelling)

Grape shisha is perhaps the best tobacco you can smoke out of those things. My hookah is half my height.

If this thread doesn't get more pipe replies I'll allow it
Quote by Kensai
These are my pipes, along with one jar (of many) of tobacco.

Those aren't pipes.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Kensai
Are they easy to keep lit? That's always a problem for me.

My next pipe will be something from the chacom match series, probably this billiard. It's about £65 which is more than all my other pipes cost together.

My Churchwarden stays lit for about five minutes without me taking a puff, which is pretty good hold. Then I have to stoke it back up from the very beginning again or give it a quick light. I find that I have to relight two or three times after getting the bowl going the first time.

That's a nice looking pipe. You like flat pipes? I always need some tilt/curve in mine, from the stem to the actual bowl.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Feb 23, 2012,

Not the greatest pics (shitty laptop cam), but these are mine.

InB4 rants about one of them being glass.

Edit: lol at the crack pipe.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at Feb 23, 2012,
Quote by darkstar2466
My Churchwarden stays lit for about five minutes without me taking a puff, which is pretty good hold. Then I have to stoke it back up from the very beginning again or give it a quick light. I find that I have to relight two or three times after getting the bowl going the first time.

That's a nice looking pipe. You like flat pipes? I always need some tilt/curve in mine, from the stem to the actual bowl.

5 minutes is pretty good, usually mine stays lit for only a few puffs. Getting better at it, though. I have to build up a protecting cap of ash which takes a few puffs, flattening it after every initial puff.

None of my pipes are straight and I've never tried one, so I figured I will. The billiard looks classy in pics, though!

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b457/IRISH_PUNK_13/Photo_00089.jpg[/IMG

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b457/IRISH_PUNK_13/Photo_00088.jpg[/IMG

Not the greatest pics (shitty laptop cam), but these are mine.

InB4 rants about one of them being glass.

I tried smoking a pipe for a while after I bought one at an antique store, didn't like it. What's a good brand of tobacco? There are so many rolling tobaccos masquerading as pipe tobacco to dodge the tax now too.
Dickless.
About as close to a pipe as I can get this time of year:

**** you seasonal asthma! **** you sideways!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Damn I wanna buy a pipe, they're so god damn classy!

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
I've got a cheap pipe my mate got me in Ecuador, never smoked it though:

It's got a cool little chameleon carved into it:

Quote by Todd Hart

Also, this
I have a [cheap] pipe. But I rarely smoke it.
This thread has motivated me however, so I'm going to buy some pipe tobacco
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

thats a meth pipe bro

EDIT: i have a couple bongs and a few pipes for smoking bud. im not much of a tobacco guy though
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence
Last edited by MiseryMonster at Feb 23, 2012,
I have this shitty red pipe that's broken in half from many a stoned adventure.
I want to get a cool wooden one (cheap's alright) when I get a chance to.

oh and I only smoke weed. Very rarely now, but it's all I smoke.
I make my own pipes. But not for tobacco, mostly. I do mix it occasionally.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
I have pretty much zero interest in smoking anything nowadays.

I still want a pipe. I just want to hold it, chew on the top of it, and sit around looking pensive. Or something.
i love pipe tobacco. my pipes broken however, and right now i only have moneys for cigarettes.
Am i the only one in this thread who uses tobacco pipes for tobacco?
I play cheap guitars, and proud of it.
My Churchwarden. Looks really dull in the night light of the car - it's a lot brighter when you see it during the day.

(Invalid img)
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Feb 23, 2012,
I can't take any teen smoking pipes seriously.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
What's a teen smoking pipe?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Kensai

From the various pictures that you've posted in The Pit, I get the impression that you're a good homemaker.

Goddamn, I'd like to visit your house someday.
Quote by Kensai
The first one is very nice. Hard to make out what the second on is. Do you smoke any pipe tobacco with them?

Thank you. I got it from this store that sells loads of cool old stuff, but I don't think I'll ever smoke out of it since I'm not okay with the idea of putting my lips around something that other people have put their lips on. The second one is a glass pipe that I purchased from a head shop in Chicago. It's really nice, and as you can probably imagine, I use it for weed.

I've never tried smoking tobacco through a pipe. I prefer to stick with cigarettes, but I do enjoy having a cigar sometimes. Maybe one day (when I can get more tobacco) I'll try smoking tobacco with a pipe.

BTW, I don't know if you can find them in Sweden, but I would recommend trying the cigars from Drew estate. Those are fantastic. I think those and Fuente are my favorites.
Quote by L2112Lif
Page 1 of 2