So, first of all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this,but...

My problem is that I've this long skinny ugly fingers, and they all kinda bow to the direction of the middle of the hand. It's nothing very noticible, but they are a bit bowed. My pinky and the finger where we often put the ring on (left hand) bow to the right and the midlle and the other bow to the left (seeing on the nails side).

I've seen many people with fingers like these, but now I started to worry about it cause I don't know if this will affect my guitar playing in a long term. I've also made a research on this and found that this is extreamly normal to happen to people with huge fingers like mine and that the fingers tend to get straight within ageing . But also found reports of people that had to make a surgery to put their fingers straight, but I'm afraid that, if I do have to make a surgery, that I will lose my skills.

Anyone else have this type of problem? Should I be worried about this?
Two words: Django Reinhardt (check spelling, though)

Two more words: Tony Iommi

Anyway don't worry about it. If your health affects your playing, then just change the way you play.

Two more words: Chuck Schuldiner

Look them up. Your fears will be GONE!!!
Yeah, I've got stupid short stubs but they seem to obey me. I hope no one misinterprets that...
Quote by Floss Ninja
Two words: Django Reinhardt (check spelling, though)

Two more words: Tony Iommi

Anyway don't worry about it. If your health affects your playing, then just change the way you play.

Two more words: Chuck Schuldiner

Look them up. Your fears will be GONE!!!

No, I've never been affected because of that... But still I'm afraid that this may create limits in a long term... :/
The funny thing is the normal (pointless) worry comes from people with shorter or fatter fingers.

This equally-pointless worry just seems, well, pointless?

Even if there was an issue here, what would it matter? Even if it were to make getting good at guitar a little bit harder for you, so what? There are a thousand other things that will have a greater impact.

Focus on being the best guitarist you can be and don't sweat the small stuff.
The only limits are ones that you create. If you can play through a scale and play barre chords with them you should be fine. The guitar is an instrument of variation and inversions, therefore if you can't play a chord a certain way try something else.
As long as the technique you use doesn't cause discomfort or pain in any way, then you will never have a problem.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by Daniel'sDream
No, I've never been affected because of that... But still I'm afraid that this may create limits in a long term... :/

Time to beat Zaphod to the punch with the obligatory Rick Renstrom video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqgTdVuGrAQ

...ok, you still worried about your fingers?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com