Yes, you were Toby.
66 34%
No Toby, no you were not.
67 34%
Lol, Toby you ******.
63 32%
Voters: 196.
Page 1 of 6
So this afternoon I arrived home from a hard days work in Uni, I heaved my tired body through to the kitchen and opened the fridge to discover that my burger that I had been looking forward to was missing!
I immediately marched through to my roommates room and demanded an explanation. It turned out that he had taken it and when I asked him why he calmly said "Well I didn't have any food and I was hungry". This infuriated me and in a blind rage I grabbed his wallet, which was sitting on the table in front of me, and removed a £20 note, he lept to his feet and asked me what I was doing to which I replied "Well I don't have a £20 so I'll just take yours" and stormed off.
Now my roommate and my other roommate have turned against me and are trying to get me kicked out, but in my mind he took something of mine so I've taken something of his and I feel my actions were completely justified.

So Pit, were my actions justified or am I being a prick?

EDIT - Just to clarify, I didn't intentionally take a £20. In my blind rage I reached into his wallet and took the first note I found.
I have since told him he can get it back once he gets me another burger or at least apologises but he continues to think that he has done nothing wrong...

UPDATE! - So today I treated myself to a burger at lunch time with his money, I then later returned his change and told him what I had done and that I considered us now even. He is now, however, claiming that I owe him a burger and the rest of his change and he isn't letting up. I told him that I didn't owe him anything and walked away to my room so he followed me and started banging and kicking at my door for ages.
He's stopped now but I'm quite apprehensive about leaving my room for fear of what he'll do

Also my other roommate has decided she wants nothing to do with all of this and isn't taking anyone's side so at least that's one less problem for me...

TL;DR - My girlfriend cheated on me with my roommate so I raped my roommate.
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Last edited by tobysaurus at Feb 24, 2012,
No
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I think taking a £20 was a bit much (unless you make superexpensive burgers), other than that I think it's fine. You don't steal another guy's food
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
A burger is not worth €20, no matter what the exchange rate is that day.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
You should've posted a video on youtube of you shooting his $20 bill with a shotgun.

It's no better or worse than what he did.

Would've been better to wait and eat their food.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
You should eat your roommate.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Bit of a over reaction but stealing or 'borrowing' food isn't cool either.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
No, you're being a wanker. Give him his money back and sort things out less like a monkey.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Yeah you should've just used that as an example instead of actually taking his money...

He owes you a burger, you don't have the right to take £20 off him.
Get better roomates that aren't going to mooch off your stuff.

I would have ordered delivery food with that 20 bucks, then given him the change back to get the point across.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Feb 23, 2012,
if he had £20 why couldn't he go buy his own damn food?

on the other hand, have y'all not discussed house rules? usually when guys live together that's discussed very early on. in our house the rule is label your food or else it's fair game.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Feb 23, 2012,
Hold the £20 hostage until you get a new burger. If he doesn't buy you one soon, start ripping pieces off of the £20 and strategically placing them in places where he'll find them.

Ya kind of pricky, I mean 20 bucks man, that has to be one expensive burger.

You should've told him that he owes you.
On the other hand though, I should say I understand why you're annoyed.

A burger is not fair game. Some milk or bread or maybe a couple of fishfingers ok... but a whole burger!!??! NO.
No, you're an overemotional assclown that needs to learn some restraint.

What your roommate did was wrong.

You made it worse.

Who is the bigger idiot, the one that causes a problem or the one that makes it bigger?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
dress up as a burger, wait till hes asleep and then suck on his toes untill he wakes up, he'll think its the burgers ghost come back to haunt him
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Only if you buy a half-gram of cocaine with it.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Arby911
No, you're an overemotional assclown that needs to learn some restraint.

What your roommate did was wrong.

You made it worse.

Who is the bigger idiot, the one that causes a problem or the one that makes it bigger?

yeah,

You're just like America!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
yeah,

You're just like America!

Can't argue with that...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I still don't get how 20$ (or 20 ''weird shaped L/E'', which is probably worth more than 20$) equates to the price of a burger. I mean a nice expensive gourmet burger at a burger restaurant costs me around 10$, and that's pricy.
Just to clarify, I didn't intentionally take a £20. In my blind rage I reached into his wallet and took the first note I found.
I have since told him he can get it back once he gets me another burger or at least apologises but he continues to think that he has done nothing wrong...
Quote by Monolith295

Quote by Kensai

Quote by CFH82
For everyone saying they don't understand how the response is appropriate, it's the principle rather than the amount. Obviously the room-mate doesn't think much of low value theft, so to emphasise the point that he felt that stealing is wrong, TS escalated the situation.

That said, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Give him back the change from buying a burger, then he's got **** all to moan about.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by metalblaster
I still don't get how 20$ (or 20 ''weird shaped L/E'', which is probably worth more than 20$) equates to the price of a burger. I mean a nice expensive gourmet burger at a burger restaurant costs me around 10$, and that's pricy.

Are you seriously saying you've never seen the annotation for GBP
Quote by tobysaurus
Just to clarify, I didn't intentionally take a £20. In my blind rage I reached into his wallet and took the first note I found.

Yeah but if you hadn't had a long day at uni, then you probably won't be as pissed, so it sounds like the burger isn't the issue, you are just giving him the brunt of your frustration. A burger isn't worth £20, and it certainly isn't worth ruining a friendship or living arrangement, so give him back his money, and sort it out like a normal person.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
An eye for an eye, a burger for a burger. You shoulda taken his burger.
Quote by donender
Yeah but if you hadn't had a long day at uni, then you probably won't be as pissed, so it sounds like the burger isn't the issue, you are just giving him the brunt of your frustration. A burger isn't worth £20, and it certainly isn't worth ruining a friendship or living arrangement, so give him back his money, and sort it out like a normal person.

All I'm asking for is a simple apology, I don't think that's too much to ask
Quote by Monolith295

Quote by Kensai

Quote by CFH82
Quote by tobysaurus
All I'm asking for is a simple apology, I don't think that's too much to ask

After your little bitch fit? You can forget about an apology. You WAY overreacted. He probably would have bought you a new burger, but you had to lose your shit.

I wouldn't think much of you after that, anyways.
What a mannerless household. Shame on all of you.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by SG_dave
Nor would I think much of the guy that wantonly takes other peoples property and doesn't pre-emptively reimburse them for it.

It's not like I approve of his actions, either.

Nice use of wanton.

Great word.
Stealing food from me? I'd raep the mothaf***a for it.
I don't have a signature
I know all too well the pain of having your food eaten by selfish pricks. Happens on a weekly basis with my brother, who uses the exact excuse they did. Of course you are justified. When my brother drank my orange juice, i wrote a threatening note and attached it to the empty bottle with a knife.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by blake1221
It's not like I approve of his actions, either.

Nice use of wanton.

Great word.

Cheers

To be fair there's wrong on both sides, and we're only hearing the story from TS' side. To me though it would have been simply using that money I took out of the roomates wallet to go get the same burger practically straight away if possible, then giving back the change. No harm no foul on TS' side of the conflict and he gets his food.

Now it sounds like there's a Mexican hat stand off and both parties are too hardheaded to give any leeway in their stance.
Quote by rgrockr
I know all too well the pain of having your food eaten by selfish pricks. Happens on a weekly basis with my brother, who uses the exact excuse they did. Of course you are justified. When my brother drank my orange juice, i wrote a threatening note and attached it to the empty bottle with a knife.

Way to take the high ground, brah.

Quote by SG_dave
Cheers

To be fair there's wrong on both sides, and we're only hearing the story from TS' side. To me though it would have been simply using that money I took out of the roomates wallet to go get the same burger practically straight away if possible, then giving back the change. No harm no foul on TS' side of the conflict and he gets his food.

Now it sounds like there's a Mexican hat stand off and both parties are too hardheaded to give any leeway in their stance.

Yeah, both parties are immature little douchers. Since TS is most hufflepuffed by it, he should just apologize for his reaction, and let his roommate make up for it. Or not. It's just a burger. Ask him not to do that anymore, or at least have a replacement for it.

Last edited by blake1221 at Feb 23, 2012,