Page 1 of 2
The left hemisphere (RIGHT HAND CONTROL) controls Speech, Language, Writing, Logic, Mathematics, Science, this is the LINEAR THINKING MODE.

The right hemisphere (LEFT HAND CONTROL) controls Music, Art, Creativity, Perception, Emotions, Genius, this is the HOLISTIC THINKING MODE

... of course there are exceptions BUT!!!

What are your thoughts? Does this mean left-handed guitarist have a better potential to learn to play an instrument than right handed people? Of course you might laugh at my question and even though there are more popular right handed guitarists the reason for that might be because of the limited amount of left-handed people there are in the world. I'm interested in your thoughts.
Do I give a fuck? No.

THIS IS THE APATHETICAL THINKING MODE.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I am left handed, not good at all in arts, but very good in the sciences. Where is your god now?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Yeah I'm left-handed and I'm better than any of you (well 90% of you statistically) will ever be at guitar, so just give up. It's science. Science that one of you egghead rightys found for me.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
What if you're completely ambidextrous?

I can write equally well with both hands and play guitar either way round (right hadned is better because that's how I've learnt, but I can pickup and play left-handed too.)
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
I'm lefty and I feel too that I'm advancing in learning the guitar faster than a right handed friend of mine. I don't know if he plays as much as me so it's not really a good proof which is why I wonder about the rest of you... And I think moscaespañol is jealous
Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, Lady GaGa, Dick Dale, Tony Iommi, Bela Fleck, Kurt Cobain.
All left-handed, all incredibly influential musicians in their field

Even though it has it's drawbacks, I love being lefthanded
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by digman50
What if you're completely ambidextrous?

I can write equally well with both hands and play guitar either way round (right hadned is better because that's how I've learnt, but I can pickup and play left-handed too.)

I guess than you are a mix. I can do some things with my right hand too like write and play hockey. but I even use the mouse with my right hand but I'm for sure left handed... Cause I do more things left
Quote by Devilish Dave
And I think moscaespañol is jealous

I'm left handed

I'm left handed and follow the stereotype of being creative, good at humanities and with good emotional intelligence but terrible at adding up and processing numerical logic. We have calculators for that unnecessary shit anyway
Quote by moscaespañol
I'm left handed

Cool then stop being so rude, I don't know why so many people here are such freaks? We all play some sort of guitar if we are here why can't we just respect that. I don't know you but most of us here are rockers I guess and rockers should stick together and as gay as that sounds it's true. But it's up to you. Have fun playing the guitar though
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I'm left handed and follow the stereotype of being creative, good at humanities and with good emotional intelligence but terrible at adding up and processing numerical logic. We have calculators for that unnecessary shit anyway

You are back! My muse.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I'm left-handed but play guitar right-handed.

I'd say I'm good in both music and science. However, I'm not exactly capable of doing calculus and quantifying the total mass of a star by its size and colour
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Devilish Dave
Cool then stop being so rude,

Why?

I don't know why so many people here are such freaks?

Because it's boredom + the internet

We all play some sort of guitar if we are here why can't we just respect that.

Because a lot of the posters in the Pit don't play guitar.

I don't know you but most of us here are rockers I guess and rockers should stick together and as gay as that sounds it's true.

Not true, really gay, and shut up.

Rockers?

But it's up to you. Have fun playing the guitar though

Will do. Have fun failing at manual transmission.
Quote by blake1221
Why?

My car is custom built and I've learned to drive manually cause it just so happens that in Switzerland everyone must learn to drive manually before getting their license..
Quote by blake1221
Why?

Because it's boredom + the internet

Because a lot of the posters in the Pit don't play guitar.

Not true, really gay, and shut up.

Rockers?

bro

Quote by Devilish Dave
My car is custom built and I've learned to drive manually cause it just so happens that in Switzerland everyone must learn to drive manually before getting their license..

Good job dude!
Us lefties have it tough. After blacks, women, mentally challenged people, homosexuals, asains, other minorities, and the elderly, we're the most discriminated against group out there. It's hard living as a left handed person
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Us lefties have it tough. After blacks, women, mentally challenged people, homosexuals, asains, other minorities, and the elderly, we're the most discriminated against group out there. It's hard living as a left handed person

It's just the scissor industry that is against us. Everybody else has accepted our advantage as something they can't change.

Btw, I personally think there are more left-handed people in the world than statistics say. I saw on wikipedia a good theory as to why people are LH:
Because the heart is located more on the left side of the body, people were taught to hold shields in their left hands and swing swords with their right. Eventually this translated to people writing with their right hand and holding the paper with their left.

It kind of makes sense nowadays aswell. With the lack of need for use of shields, people have been able to use their natural hand instead of being forced to be right-handed.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Crazyedd123
It's just the scissor industry that is against us. Everybody else has accepted our advantage as something they can't change.

Btw, I personally think there are more left-handed people in the world than statistics say. I saw on wikipedia a good theory as to why people are LH:
Because the heart is located more on the left side of the body, people were taught to hold shields in their left hands and swing swords with their right. Eventually this translated to people writing with their right hand and holding the paper with their left.

It kind of makes sense nowadays aswell. With the lack of need for use of shields, people have been able to use their natural hand instead of being forced to be right-handed.

frequent shield use is nowhere near common enough to make a change that big, surely.

I think left handed people were just frowned upon in the past and made to use their right hands.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Crazyedd123
It's just the scissor industry that is against us.

What about those notebooks with those binders things? They are so in the ****ing way when you write.

Or those pencil sharpeners which you have to use with your right hand?

there are so many things that can be listed

But at least we have an Official Left Hand day in August :P
I have a notebook thats spiral is on top

Quote by Devilish Dave
Does this mean left-handed guitarist have a better potential to learn to play an instrument than right handed people?
No.

Your guitars are more expensive. That is all.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Devilish Dave
What about those notebooks with those binders things? They are so in the ****ing way when you write.

Or those pencil sharpeners which you have to use with your right hand?

there are so many things that can be listed

But at least we have an Official Left Hand day in August :P

My birthday is in August

I hate using RH knives. Because of the way they're designed, they cut in a sort of diagonal fashion so I have to hold the knife at an odd angle to actually cut things properly.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
The whole right-brained left-brained thing has been largely disproven. Yes, the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and so on, but neither of the two sides is "dominant" and personality traits like creativity and emotional intelligence involve areas in both sides of the brain.
Also, there is a fascinating theory that all left-handed people had a mirror twin (right-handed) that they absorbed in the womb in the early stages of development. Basically lefties are lefty because they had unborn twins.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
The science in the OP is so terrible that it knocked out my right hemisphere and now I can't do logic anymore. **** you TS, you turned me into Zoot.
According to earlier polls, 40 % of Pit goers are left-handed. Only 10 % or so of the general population are left handed.

Though this left and right hemisphere thingy is mostly bull.

Quote by mesopatamius
Also, there is a fascinating theory that all left-handed people had a mirror twin (right-handed) that they absorbed in the womb in the early stages of development. Basically lefties are lefty because they had unborn twins.

My twin brother's a righty whereas I'm a lefty; though I didn't absorb him or anything, it might "prove" that theory slightly.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Feb 23, 2012,
I left handed and get A's in every subject. Haha fuckers!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I left handed and get A's in every subject. Haha fuckers!

Well, not in English, appearently.
Quote by sfaune92
Well, not in English, appearently.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 23, 2012,
Quote by WCPhils

Nice backpedaling, Phils!

Quote by WCPhils
*Image*

I was playing along.

Quote by sfaune92

My twin brother's a righty whereas I'm a lefty; though I didn't absorb him or anything, it might "prove" that theory slightly.

I misspoke, you're quite right; you don't have to absorb your twin, it's just they think that's what happened when a lefty is born without a twin.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Quote by sfaune92
I was playing along.

You obviously didn't catch the sarcasm.

Quote by moscaespañol
Nice backpedaling, Phils!

shhh, you're ruining my perfectly constructed plan!
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 23, 2012,
A bit vague on "writing". Not sure if it pertains to legibility of writing or the ability to write good papers/poems.

I'd say a little bit of both though im a bit more right-brained.
hue
Quote by WCPhils

shhh, you're ruining my perfectly constructed plan!

Quote by mullet1337
Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, Lady GaGa, Dick Dale, Tony Iommi, Bela Fleck, Kurt Cobain.
All left-handed, all incredibly influential musicians in their field

Even though it has it's drawbacks, I love being lefthanded
Kurt Cobain was ambi-dextrous...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Page 1 of 2