Hi rec,

I've been experimenting with atmospheric and drone music for a bit now. I was looking into new ways of messing around with a signal,some cool effects or synths to expand my rig.

Anybody know any good (better if free) plug-ins I should look into. I'm really into granular synthesis and would like to go beyond what Maelstrom as to give me.

I use pro Tools so RtAS please.
When it comes to drones and pads and other similar things I find experimenting is the best thing (yeah I know its a generic answer).

I like to program my drones with http://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-ichiro-toda a very simply but effective synth. Then I add effect such as KT Granulator, Reverb, and other random things.

Also taking sounds and stretching them can give some very ominous sounds.
Quote by lockwolf

I Dint know NI had some free plug-ins. Pretty cool. I was reluctant to spend money on they're plugins without even trying them even if they have a great rep, but now I think I might start getting poorer with their stuff

I really want to try the absynth, looks perfect for my needs.

Quote by FireHawk
When it comes to drones and pads and other similar things I find experimenting is the best thing (yeah I know its a generic answer).

I like to program my drones with http://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-ichiro-toda a very simply but effective synth. Then I add effect such as KT Granulator, Reverb, and other random things.

Also taking sounds and stretching them can give some very ominous sounds.

Ive been playing around a lot with time stretching and the many synths of reason.

Your link isnt in Rtas so I can't use it in PT.
Quote by ShevanelFlip
I Dint know NI had some free plug-ins. Pretty cool. I was reluctant to spend money on they're plugins without even trying them even if they have a great rep, but now I think I might start getting poorer with their stuff

I really want to try the absynth, looks perfect for my needs.

Ive been playing around a lot with time stretching and the many synths of reason.

Sorry I just assumed there was an rtas version
Quote by ShevanelFlip

There is a VST to RTAS converter but its $100. Works pretty well, I use it on a lot of synths and effects.

Sadly RTAS and Free dont mix very well. Though with the NI Players and the hundreds of user libraries and effects, you've got a lot to play around with for free.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp