I'm thinking about buying this guy:

http://www.rondomusic.com/argusminisg.html

But I can't find any reviews on it, so has anyone played one? I can't afford a real Jazzmaster or even one of the Blacktop models right now, but I'll wait until I can if this is a piece of junk or whatever.

Even if I have to eventually replace the pups, I'm alright with that. Grover tuners and the jazzmaster style body almost give me reason enough to buy it as is, but I figured I'd ask around here first.
No opinions on that particular guitar (other than it does look pretty sweet) but have you considered the Squier J Mascis JM? Looks like they're $380, which is a step up from the Agile but much cheaper than the other JM's you mentioned

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-j-mascis-jazzmaster-electric-guitar
If I was going to do that, I'd just save the extra $100 and go for a Blacktop. Plus that guitar is ugly as can be. The tuners look like crap compared to the quality I know I'd get with the grovers on the agile.

The bridge looks like the main improvement, but I could replace the one on the agile easily with that big of a price gap.
i don't know man

the quality would be good probs, it's agile

but blacktops are just so hot

i mean look at it

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Go with the agile, MIM fenders arent too great

edit: you can ask the agile thread but they never reply...
Last edited by italiarlz135 at Feb 25, 2012,
I do like that blacktop, but the color of that Agile is dead-on what I want, and I can't get the blacktop like that. Plus if the pups sound subpar, I saved the extra money to shell out on new ones if needed.

I just want to know if anyone has actually played one D:
Quote by CrossBack7
If I was going to do that, I'd just save the extra $100 and go for a Blacktop. Plus that guitar is ugly as can be. The tuners look like crap compared to the quality I know I'd get with the grovers on the agile.

The bridge looks like the main improvement, but I could replace the one on the agile easily with that big of a price gap.

Man, surprised by that - I think the Mascis JM is one of the nicest looking guitars around. That gold pickguard Not quite sure why you think the tuners would be crap either
I don't know that they're crap, I just know grovers are very good. Gold on guitars is just mehhh to me, though. Love that toothpaste blue color.

Ahhh, might just spring for it eventually. Dang taxes messed up my plans to buy it, but oh well.
I wouldn't bank on being able to fit the pickups you want. There aren't many replacements for the 'toaster' style of pickup around, and the ones that are cost a lot. By the time you fit some aftermarket pickups you could have bought one of the MIJ Fender Jazzmasters/Jaguars.

Also, those sorts of bridges have a helluva time staying stable at the best of times, and that one doesn't look to even have the locking pin. I would be really, really wary of it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by RiseTheFallen
Do your own Warmoth Jazzy

Would, but da monieezz mane. I could just go buy a blacktop for the bare minimum it would cost me to do it on my own. Be awesome to do though. I don't even know what pups I'd put in it.

Gahhh, and that's why I want to know if anyone has played it. I'd be replacing with similarly shaped pups, regardless.