So, this is my chain:

Behringer TU300>Dunlop 535q Wah>Boss BF-2>ISP Decimator.

I also have a Boss DD-6 in the loop

This is all running into a Mesa Mark IV.

So, my dilemma is a very prominent hiss. I'm using a Godlyke power adapter daisy chain, which is supposed to power up to 2000 mA, but the hiss is still crazy. I can use my Decimator to filter some of it out, but it still shows up on the decay of my notes.

I know it has something to do with powering the pedals, because if I remove power from certain pedals and take them out of the chain, the hiss dissipates a bit. I have a boss adaptor that I use to supplement the chain by powering one particular pedal outside of the daisy chain, but it's still noisy.

I should also mention that this is being powered through a Monster power conditioning strip, whatever that's worth.

Are there some things that I can do to reduce it without additonal hardware? Or should I just stock up on more wall warts and daisy chains?
Last edited by Tallica9000 at Feb 23, 2012,
Try them one by one to figure out which is the offender and either isolate that one with it's own ps, or run it with a battery .
its probably the daisy chain get a power supply with isolated outputs something along the lines of a voodoo labs
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by sparkeyjames
I'll almost bet money on it being the Behringer product.

+1
I run a modded behringer muff clone, and it's got crazy hiss on and off.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Ya, the Behringer pedals are all really noisy. The non isolated power supply doesn't help either.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Yeah, I took the Behringer out of the chain, and yes it was the noisiest. However, the hiss is still prevalent with the others. I got the Behringer from some dude for 20 bones, not that much of a loss if it's unusable.
I'll probably just get another couple of wall warts, I have tons of space on my board that I just shove my power strip on.
Quote by Tallica9000

I should also mention that this is being powered through a Monster power conditioning strip, whatever that's worth.

hope you didn't mind the butcher, i did not change anything.

everywhere i go if there is a hiss problem the power conditioner fixes it. that is suprising.

are you near microwaves? florescent lighting?

however i would get an iso power brick. i have the BBE supa charger, voodoo lab is most popular, but when i bouguht the BBE Supa Charger it sold for $80 shipped IIRC on ebay from an online dealer. now they are like $40 more now, i was going to get another.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 24, 2012,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
hope you didn't mind the butcher, i did not change anything.

everywhere i go if there is a hiss problem the power conditioner fixes it. that is suprising.

are you near microwaves? florescent lighting?

however i would get an iso power brick. i have the BBE supa charger, voodoo lab is most popular, but when i bouguht the BBE Supa Charger it sold for $80 shipped IIRC on ebay from an online dealer. now they are like $40 more now, i was going to get another.

Yeah, I have fluorescent lights in my room. Potential interference you think? And that doesn't sound like a bad idea on the BBE. I don't like dropping >$100 on a power supply for a voodoo labs, but I can do $40 easy
So for anyone who's interested, I ended up finding a guy selling his Voodoo Labs PP2+ for $90 locally. Picked it up last night and it works perfectly. I guess there's a reason these guys are almost 200 new, but if you can pick up a used one like me for close to half price, it's a steal. The thing will probably last me forever.
adding more circuitry is not the answer. isolate the problem. how does it sound straight guitar to amp?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com