Hey everybody. I've been lurking around the forums for about a year [mainly in the elec. guitar section] and I just recently switched to bass. I found a good deal at my local pawn store and scored a Fender Rumble 15 and Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass for $180. The jazz bass had a little chip on the side and back but it doesn't bother me... especially at the price I got it for

I'm sure most of you know how it looks like, but I just had to upload some pictures of it :P [Sorry for my poor photography skills]

Also, I'm wondering on what songs I should learn. I'm open to most [if not all] genres.
Songs I know:
Higher Ground by RHCP
Brick House by The Commorodes
September by Earth Wind Fire
Chicken by Jaco Pastorius
Come on, Come over by Jaco
and Killing in the Name by RATM.

Thanks for taking your time to read this
Oh dear, someone who has given up on guitar and gone to bass... well its not the first time this has happened. And I guess someone has to do it...
Great deal for $180. HNBD!

Learn some Sentenced (metal, but not brutal). They have some cool bass lines.
Progfripp: umad, bro?

to OP: Looks like you know all the songs a bassist needs to learn, go out and start gigging
Also learn how to do that blues line, the one thats all like 1 3 5 6 b7 6 5 3... Bitches love that shit.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by ProgFripp74
Oh dear, someone who has given up on guitar and gone to bass... well its not the first time this has happened. And I guess someone has to do it...

Nobody has to do it. Some of us made the right choice the first time round.

TS, welcome to bass... and good decision. As for songs to learn, well if you're open to anything, we could be here forever really. Try some classics... The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back, Marvin Gaye - What's Going On, Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke, etc.
Quote by ProgFripp74

Er, sorry(?)

Quote by Poglia
Great deal for $180. HNBD!

Learn some Sentenced (metal, but not brutal). They have some cool bass lines.

Thanks I'll check them out

Quote by King Of Suede
Progfripp: umad, bro?

to OP: Looks like you know all the songs a bassist needs to learn, go out and start gigging
Also learn how to do that blues line, the one thats all like 1 3 5 6 b7 6 5 3... Bitches love that shit.

Hahah thanks for the protip
Quote by King Of Suede

LOL!!

yeah, great deal! enjoy it!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Haha In all seriousness, if you like the Jaco thing, learn some Stanley Clarke and Christian McBride.

If you like the RATM thing, look up Death From Above 1979
Eddie Harris tunes usually have some sweet bass lines too.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Thanks guys
And uhm... I'm going to play bass at my church, but our bass amp broke. I forgot what model, but I know it was 75 watts and I'm wondering if there's a combo bass amp you guys could recommend for under $350.
Acoustic B200 1x15 combo. Great little amp; plenty of tone and volume, and I can state from experience that it is completely impervious to your dog peeing on the speaker through the grille cloth at least five hundred times. Mine still works like a champ!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/acoustic-b200-200w-1x15-bass-combo/482902000000000
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
^^This

Good amp, I use it at school all the time (against my room mate's wishes =P)
Quote by Banjocal
can state from experience that it is completely impervious to your dog peeing on the speaker through the grille cloth at least five hundred times.

Another reason I will never own pets...

Sweet bass, I am getting one this Saturday for $60 Can't wait for it. Pretty sure I'll be adding some chrome covers.