I;ve just joined a Soul Band and my Marshall 122 combo will be too much. Could anyone suggest a predominately clean sounding amp for gigs around the £200 price mark please.

Thanks
maybe that fame gta40r on musicstore? EDIT: it's more like £280, but there's a 15 watt version available, if that's enough headroom, which is under.

i haven't tried it, but from what i hear it's fendery (and at 40 watts should have a fair amount of headroom).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^+1

There's usually a couple of these on ebay.de (German ebay), like these two:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fame-GTA-40-Gitarrenverstarker-Vollrohre-Rohren-/320852658037?pt=Amps&hash=item4ab44f0775#ht_2308wt_1139
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fame-GTA-40-Rohrenamp-/130653226232?pt=Amps&hash=item1e6b8a04f8#ht_718wt_1139

The first one does international shipping, the second one apparently not, but most people are willing to do it if you shoot them a message. If you're concerned with what's written on the auction-pages: Nothing that you won't find on the amp's page at musicstore.de.
How much are Roland Cubes over there? They do a passable emulation of a Jazz Chorus.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
After having a look, I quite fancy Fender or Vox for clean tones, and I don't want another Valve amp as I'm fed up with the weight of my Marshall 122 combo . What sort of wattage would I need for gigs if I used a solid state amp please? 30-40 watts or higher?
ps I'm not interested in 'Modelling amps' in the slightest......
Last edited by Ichabod Crane at Feb 27, 2012,
Quote by Ichabod Crane
After having a look, I quite fancy Fender or Vox for clean tones, and I don't want another Valve amp as I'm fed up with the weight of my Marshall 122 combo . What sort of wattage would I need for gigs if I used a solid state amp please? 30-40 watts or higher?
ps I'm not interested in 'Modelling amps' in the slightest......

Well 30-40watts aint going to cut in with solid state...cant you get a handtruck for the 122?
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
Well 30-40watts aint going to cut in with solid state...cant you get a handtruck for the 122?

I didn't think it would be loud enough. I'd rather get another amp if possible, that is just a cleaner sounding and leave the Marshall for my other classic rock band.
I was looking at a Fender Frontman online, at 65 watts. As I'll be playing in a Soul band, it's only mainly going to be the horn section, bass and drums to compete with. Or should I just go for the 100 watt and be done? lol
fender FM 212R at 65 watts should be enough if you're just gonna play clean, or a Vox VT50 is also a shout, i have the latter and love it!