An Australian dedication to atonal chords, goats and blastbeats.

This playlist is dedicated to Australian bands, some well known, some in complete obscurity. Some of the bigger names are probably missing, but it's impossible to include everyone without it turning into an uncontrollably long playlist, so here are just some highlights. Enjoy!

http://8tracks.com/autumnaurora/the-curse-of-the-southern-cross

February 24 - Emenius Sleepus
March 2 - Butt Rayge
March 9 - rg_metal
March 16 - Helloween4Ever
March 23 - dillonrips7
March 30 - Senor Kristian
April 6 - Annihislater
April 13 - Comadre
April 20 - The Wildchild

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Feb 23, 2012,
Hungover as all fuck in work so this should clear the cobwebs a bit.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I would say that this mix is probably my favorite so far... good choices.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Just got finished with Black Houses, which is really the only song I can even stand by them.

dISEMBOWELMENT are still as good as I remember them to be.

Mournful Congregation may as well be the greatest band ever. Seriously, that guitar tone is amazing. The playing is equally amazing. I have not delved into this band enough.
Last edited by severed-metal at Feb 24, 2012,
Thanks for the feedback guys; yeah MC are one of my favourite bands hands down. Great composition skills, conceptual depth, and excellent execution. Pretty much nothing to fault them with. And they definitely tend to be overshadowed by other Australian bands in terms of attention.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
This was fantastic,Order Of Orias was a nice surprise,as was Stargazer. I enjoyed every track on this mix.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Thanks for the feedback guys; yeah MC are one of my favourite bands hands down. Great composition skills, conceptual depth, and excellent execution. Pretty much nothing to fault them with. And they definitely tend to be overshadowed by other Australian bands in terms of attention.

You get a gimmick like Portal and suddenly everyone's forgotten. It happens, but it tends to filter out the people actually listening to the music. Christ though, re-listening to that instrumental track and that tone is like heaven.
While this is hanging up here, thanks to everyone who listened and gave feedback. Good insentive, so I'll probably post more. In the mean time, Strangles can unsticky this or keep it here until next Friday, since there was no post for 2nd of March, either/or. Cheers!

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
One of the best mixes yet...easily.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.