Page 1 of 31
If you answered yes to the threads hypothetical then this thread is the thread for you.

You have the opportunity to kill them by playing

Pit Mafia

"Devourke, what is mafia?" I can hear you asking. Well Pitbros, Mafia is a game of deception, derping and death. There are two factions in this game;

Townies
Townies are the residents of The Pit. They've been enjoying their lives of posting pictures of bemused pears and guys nodding in caps but lately there seems to have been a group of people who want nothing but to destroy The Pit from the inside. If you're town, your main objective is to kill all members of the Mafia. Once all the Mafia are dead, Town wins. You may not talk to other players outside of this thread.

Mafia
Mafia want to kill everyone in the Pit. They have been masquerading as normal members of the forum but have decided that now is the time to carry out their plans. Mafia wins when they have equal or more members than Town. Each night you can choose to kill members of town (the number of townies you can kill per night depends on how many mafia members you have) Mafia are also referred to as Scum. You will be in contact with the rest of your mafia team in a secret 'scumchat'

There are two phases in a Mafia game. A Day phase, and a Night phase. During each day phase everyone in the game votes on who they want to see lynched. Whoever has the most votes against them at the end of the day phase is killed and their role and alignment is revealed. During the Night phase Mafia and special town roles send in actions (I'll explain that when I explain the roles) Day phases last 48 hours and Night phases last 24 hours.

Roles
Town

Vanilla Townie: You can vote on who to lynch every day but you don't have any power to use at night. You win when all Mafia are dead.

Vigilante: You have a gun. Unfortunately you only have one bullet. You can choose to shoot one person you think is scum during a night phase.

Medic: You can protect one person per night. If the person you chose to protect gets attacked by Scum or a Vig then they will not die.

Detective: You can choose to investigate one person each night and find out what role they have.

Veteran: You can be attacked at night and survive. You will be killed by a lynch just like a normal townie though

Mafia

Mafia Goon: You are the stock standard mafia member. You have 0.5 KP (Killing Power) to use in conjunction with the rest of your Mafia team each night.

Godfather: You are the head of the organization. You have 1 KP to use each night and any detective checks on you come back saying that you're a Vanilla Townie.

Third Party Roles

Jester: Your only win condition is being lynched. It doesn't matter whether town or scum wins as long as you're lynched. If you get killed during the night you lose.

Rules
  • No screenshots of PMs
  • Town may not communicate with each other outside of this thread
  • You must post and vote at least once every Day/Night phase. If you don't you will be modkilled
  • Try to keep the flaming to a minimum
  • Once the game starts you will not be allowed to edit posts. Double and triple posts are fine and dandy. If you want to 'edit' a post create a new post with EBWOP: (Edit By Way Of Post and then add the edited post after your unedited post.

This game is for newbies so if I know that you're a Vet you won't be allowed to join. If you want you can coach the newbies and answer any PMs/questions they have.

Signup List:
1. moscaespañol - Detective - Death: Lynched Day One
2. WCPhils
3. UntilISleep
4. doomded - VT - Death: Modkilled by Mulefish Night Two
5. SLEESTAK_BRO
6. ESPLTDV401DX - VT - Death: Lynched and Modkilled by Mulefish
7. Talk Box
8. turncoat60% - Medic - Death: Modkilled by Mulefish Night Two
9. anvil_is_god - Jester - Death: Killed by Scum Night 1
10. OVER9000VIDEOS - Goon - Death: Modkilled by Irish Day One
11. Pagan_Poetry - Goon - Death: Modkilled by Mulefish Night Two
12. panhead201 - VT - Death: Modkilled by Irish Day One
13. duffman123 - VT - Death: Modkilled by Mulefish Night Two
14. Megadeth136
15. King Donkey
16. izbbass
17. Snowman388- VT - Death: Modkilled by Mulefish Day One
18. Incognito
19. zgr0826 - VT Death: Modkilled by Mulefish Night Two
20. Trizek

Town Coaches
Gonzaw
Mulefish
IRISH_PUNK13
Scum Coaches
Tanglewoodguit
Coagulation
Jackal58
Super Coaches
Burgery

Mafia Guide for Newbies who want an edge on the competition:
http://scumslip.freeforum.ca/page.php?p=rules&sid=d51bc12848d14a14000b152118ae3eea

And chaos asked me to advertise his Mafia game which is currently taking signups as well:
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ultimate_mafia/forum/69629/

If you sign up it would be a good idea to sticky this thread so you don't miss the game.

Day One post
Night One post
Day Two post
Night Two post
Last edited by devourke at Feb 29, 2012,
/in

I'll remember about it this time!

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I initially joined the last one, but quit because no one would explain the rules. :/

EDIT: Oh, it's for newbies? I'm in then.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 23, 2012,
^It's for new players Gonz, not bad players.
Quote by WCPhils
I initially joined the last one, but quit because no one would explain the rules. :/

I'LL EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF THE UNIVERSE TO YOU SON.

But I'll answer any questions you have with promptness and clarity.

EDIT: Gonzaw will also answer any questions you have.

If you ask nicely he might even answer them in spanish
Last edited by devourke at Feb 23, 2012,
How are roles decided?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

Does that mean yes or no?

Quote by doomded
How are roles decided?

By using a Random Number Generator.
Last edited by devourke at Feb 23, 2012,
Quote by gonzaw
O Em Gee! I've never played Mafia before, I'm so excited!

/in

So Mafia are like the bad guys? What is "Day" and "Night"?

I so confuzed

edit: you better fix my name in the op Devourke. I will not stand for this.

Last edited by moscaespañol at Feb 23, 2012,
Why the hell not? I'm in.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Coagulation
I can coach newbies.

+1

I don't know how you want to do this devourke. Are eperienced players able to join, or do you want coaches or anything?

muledit: You should also add no editing posts in the rules
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Feb 23, 2012,
Quote by moscaespañol

edit: you better fix my name in the op Devourke. I will not stand for this.

Fixed

Quote by mulefish
+1

I don't know how you want to do this devourke. Are eperienced players able to join, or do you want coaches or anything?

muledit: You should also add no editing posts in the rules

No Mafia regulars are allowed to play but they are encouraged to coach and help out the newbies. I took you +1 as volunteering to coach so you have to coach now.
Quote by anvil is god
Dammit noobies only. Oh well,

I put you in because I think you still qualify.
Quote by mulefish
So it will be like our first game than?

:3 exactly.

Team Anti-Europe ftw
Quote by devourke
:3 exactly.

Team Anti-Europe ftw

You should tell the group that you're looking for coaches than.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish

You should tell the group that you're looking for coaches than.

I put a notice up on the news board.
Well, I'd like to join but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to check in, so I'll just sit back and watch.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
Quote by OfCourseNot
Well, I'd like to join but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to check in, so I'll just sit back and watch.

Are you gonna actually play?

Of Course Not

Quote by gonzaw
Hey devourke, who are the scum coaches and who are the town coaches?

Can I be town coach? Pretty please?

I figured the coaches would just coach everyone but I guess we can assign factions to each coach.
If there's room for another coach I'll do it.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by devourke
I figured the coaches would just coach everyone but I guess we can assign factions to each coach.

I would prefer to have coaches for each team and maybe a general coach to explain things to anyone who wants help. I would be good for this since I'm fairly decent at mafia and I go onto my profile several times a day to see if there's any replies to my posts.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
lul

I can coach scum or town. I am the MVP everlong

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
If there's room for another coach I'll do it.

I'll chuck you guys in the OP
Quote by genghisgandhi
My haxball tourney OP shits all over this one's.

Be quiet Gangis
Quote by devourke
I'll chuck you guys in the OP

If it's okay can you put me down as either a town coach or a general coach? I feel that I'm better as town so I think it would be more beneficial to the townies if I'm helping them.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

If it's okay can you put me down as either a town coach or a general coach? I feel that I'm better as town so I think it would be more beneficial to the townies if I'm helping them.

I'm thinking we should wait until everyone else gets up in here before divvying up the alignments.

Although I agree that you're terrible at scum