It has an extra bar with springs underneath (that you can remove) that is supposed to hold the bridge in place. It makes the trem more stable, but also much tighter - harder to move. So it becomes tricky to do little flutters and things like that. Personally I took the extra bar out on my ZR cause I prefer it to that way. I have no idea if it stays in tune if you break a string, I've never broken a string before.

But it's a very good trem. Maybe not on par with an OFR or Edge/Pro but certainly better than a lot of others.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by mpatton
Hey,

I heard somewhere that you can change tunings without having to rebalance the trem on it. Anyone have experience with it? On Ibanez's page it's advertised as a trem that stays in tune when a string breaks...how
(Invalid img)

I heard somewhere that you can change tunings without having to rebalance the trem on it
Quote by baozaleng
I heard somewhere that you can change tunings without having to rebalance the trem on it

you sir, are a dick
GEAR:

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Firebrand
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Ibanez RG-160b
Sx Furrian
Ibanez RG-7321
Jet City JCA20H + Bugera 212V-BK
Quote by Zacky_Gates
you sir, are a dick

This site is getting a lot of bot posts. Is that one of them?
Either way, I agree!
Good trem, but that's just a gimmick. Put enough spring tension on any trem and it will do that. The device that does that just lets you do that while keeping the bridge at a good angle.

It's similar to the TremolNo concept.

But I don't like it due to the disadvantages VVolverin3 mentioned.

If you ever see a top-mount bridge with 5 springs in the back, it's not all that much different. The main difference is the guitar body stops the trem from going too deep instead of the countersprings.