Is there any way to have my JamMan looper's loops include effects dialed into my amp? For example, if I dial in certain reverb settings on my amp and make a loop, then save that loop for later, it won't sound the same... since, of course, the reverb was *after* the signal going into the loop. It's frustrating since I like to make loops then layer other instruments over them... This may be a dumb question. I guess I'm picturing some sort of splitter, so that I have guitar->effects->amp->looper->amp...
Does your amp have an effects loop?

Perhaps the reverb wouldn't go through the effects send though.

If the amp has a line-out, you might be able to feed that into the looper and then go back into the amp through the effects return. Might need to use a re-amp box to get the impedences/levels right.

Amp make/model?
Quote by jetwash69
Does your amp have an effects loop?

Perhaps the reverb wouldn't go through the effects send though.

If the amp has a line-out, you might be able to feed that into the looper and then go back into the amp through the effects return. Might need to use a re-amp box to get the impedences/levels right.

Amp make/model?

Both my amps have a line-out, though I haven't really used it. The amp I have with me right now is a Vox Pathfinder. I have a reverb pedal, but no tremolo...
Quote by deathletter
Both my amps have a line-out, though I haven't really used it. The amp I have with me right now is a Vox Pathfinder. I have a reverb pedal, but no tremolo...

You don't mention wattage on the amp, but neither the 10w nor the 15w have an effects loop.

With the 15w at least it has separate line out and headphone jacks.

So there's no way to bring the signal back into the amp for what you want to do.

You could always use 2 amps. But it might just be better to get the FX you want with seperate pedals instead of using amp effects.
to use a looper you really need to run it at the end of your signal chain, ideally and really only end of effects loop. at least that is what has worked for me.

i have the 8 button Digitech looper, i am loving it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jetwash69
You don't mention wattage on the amp, but neither the 10w nor the 15w have an effects loop.

With the 15w at least it has separate line out and headphone jacks.

So there's no way to bring the signal back into the amp for what you want to do.

My other amp (traveling at the moment, so I mentioned the little one) is an Ampeg R212R, which does have an effects loop. So could I do it on that one?
Quote by deathletter
My other amp (traveling at the moment, so I mentioned the little one) is an Ampeg R212R, which does have an effects loop. So could I do it on that one?

yea at the end of the loop.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by fly135
The Jamman doesn't like hot signals, so it will be finicky in a lot of amp loops.

Are you saying the Jamman is designed to be at the front of the chain and only receive instrument/mic level input?

Is there a way to attenuate the signal before it comes in? Like using a re-amp box, or maybe building a simple box with a 500k pot wired in series or something?
Yeah the Jamman likes to be right before the amp. Higher levels will light the clip led. An amp like the Rebel 20 has an instrument level loop. The Blackstar is selectable. My Tweaker is too hot. You could attenuate the signal or just turn it down depending on whether the master volume is pre or post loop. But you may need to amplify it after the Jamman before the return.
Thanks, Fly135. Hope TS posts to let us know how this works out. I'm subscribing..
http://digitech.com/system/documents/243/original/JamMan%20Delay%20Manual%2018-0687V-B.pdf?1305738078

around page 20. can go in front or in loop. i know i will benefit me more at the end of the effects loop, but can't really say which would work better for you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Yeah the manual says you can put it in the amp loop with no caveats. The manual also says that the unity gain level is +4dBu. But I find that highly suspect. +4 dBu is a high level signal. But I found that it clips at a lower level. Also a quick search and found someone else on a Sweetwater review that says the same.

It also clips at a fairly low level making it virtually unusable in the send/receive loop of an amp
Quote by fly135
Yeah the manual says you can put it in the amp loop with no caveats. The manual also says that the unity gain level is +4dBu. But I find that highly suspect. +4 dBu is a high level signal. But I found that it clips at a lower level. Also a quick search and found someone else on a Sweetwater review that says the same.

i use mine in a loop with a bunch of other pedals and have no problems. the amp i am running it through now is a (prior to gibson's acquisitions) Trace Elliot Speed Twin, made in the UK, sold in the UK and was imported and fitted with mercury magnetics transformers, for the 240V to operate at 120V in the US. i don't know if some amps have hotter effects loops or anything, but again i have had no problems.

if its a line level thing you could build a small box and find some schematics to convert it a little bit. should be a cheap fix but i am not positive.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Looking at the specs on the Speed Twin you have a send and recv level control (-20 to 0 dBu), so that amp is perfect for using the Jamman in the loop. Another example is the Blackstar HT5. It has a level select of -10db or +4db. Selecting -10db would be just right for the Jamman.