Poll: which should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: which should i get?
VHT/Fryette Deliverance
8 80%
Music Man JP-6
2 20%
Voters: 10.
i don't know what i should get next. i have plenty of electrics seven gibsons, two ibby prestiges, two wolfgangs, a strat, and two strat varients, at least 5 classicals, and one acoustic (which i am selling because i don't like acoustics).

i have a somewhat broad range of amps, a splawn nitro, splawn promod, Lee Jackson, 1968 AB165 Fender bassman, an 18w clone i built, a crate blue voodoo that i will mod when i get around to it. and a dual terror.

okay enough of that.

what would benefit me more? a new guitar or amp? (also i made a post on this a week or two ago and picked up an Ibanez Prestige 2570EVSL for $380 (may have been $360, but not positive.

VHT Deliverance

or

Music Man JP-6

the VHT has a different voice for gain than i have now.

the JP-6 is just something i picked up and loved it.

i don't know.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
my ultralead is still for sale.

other then that the deliverance is a great amp.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
my ultralead is still for sale.

other then that the deliverance is a great amp.

PM me on what you want for it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by Strats&Cats
Put of a video of you playing something.

i have clips but they are all realy old because i can't record decently. if you want to see the gear i will PM you a link to my photobucket.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have clips but they are all realy old because i can't record decently. if you want to see the gear i will PM you a link to my photobucket.

Sounds like he is trolling you.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Amp.

If what you are saying is true, you've got enough guitars. And good ones at that.

There is nothing that the JP6 gives you that you could achieve by just replacing the pickups on a current guitar.

Just my two cents..
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Sounds to me like you could use some murrikan high gain.

Mark III, IV or V?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by cdr_salamander
Sounds like he is trolling you.

Nah, I always ask to hear people play when they have really nice gear. It makes me feel better since I have no money
I'm with Raijouta. Some good ol' flag waving, American heavy metal blasting goodness. Recto... Mark... 6506... Or you could go all boo-teek and grab a baron or something.

Or ya know... you could always donate to my road king fund It's currently at $ 0.00 / $2800
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by Raijouta
Sounds to me like you could use some murrikan high gain.

Mark III, IV or V?

this.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by WtrPlyr
yeah and if they suck it's funny.

That's the idea. So I guess I am trolling?
As before, you KNOW you want the JP6.

No, you don't need it, but this is not a need based society...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
okay. a lot of good points.

JP6 doesn't really do anything else a guitar that i don't own cant do. the piezo would be cool, but i don't foresee using one and don't want to pay a few hundred more.

the Rec would be a good way to go as well as the marks. i have played quite a few marks and they were all very different. mostly mark (II's?) III's seemed to be different and i have read something about the stripe color? not totally up on that. a IV would be great i have loved the ones i have played and imagine i would love one even more so if i were to do the settings (meaning i am not going to walk up to by friend's amp and start turning the knobs. i sure wouldn't be very happy about that unless they were looking to buy).

i will pick up a mesa at some point but i am craving the Deliverance though as far as amp tone goes.

strats and cats: i play a lot of blues improv. actually pretty much strictly improv. i was at one last night that was a blast. played 30minutes and sat around didn't like the crowd as much as usual hence only playing 30 mins. i have a mic, and interface, and required cables, just don't own a computer that can handle the requirements of the software (i don't know much at all about computers), but have been told i need a new one. problem there is i will get it and run a 12 or 16 track interface and get the 'real pro tools' a local community college has a pro tools certification class that is 12 credit hours. i will likely do that. i already have two degree's but i don't do much of the work. i more or less opt to chill and observe and jump in. i will do that all at once so the computer doesn't get outdated, so i have a great interface, and so if protools releases a new version don't have to pay to upgrade. and i should be able to get it at a cheaper price due to being a student again. i have clips, they are probably a year and a half ago but they aren't terrible.

still taking ideas
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by jpatan
I'm with Raijouta. Some good ol' flag waving, American heavy metal blasting goodness. Recto... Mark... 6506... Or you could go all boo-teek and grab a baron or something.

Or ya know... you could always donate to my road king fund It's currently at $ 0.00 / $2800

i haven't really thought about it but i wouldn't consider my Nitro British more American, not really German. i don't know really what it would be considered.

i would like to play the 5153 (which is i am thinking is in reference to a 6506), don't get a whole ton of higher end amps around here. mostly low end and mid level gear.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Save for a studio?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i haven't really thought about it but i wouldn't consider my Nitro British more American, not really German. i don't know really what it would be considered.

i would like to play the 5153 (which is i am thinking is in reference to a 6506), don't get a whole ton of higher end amps around here. mostly low end and mid level gear.

From what I understand, the 5150 III is pretty different to the Peavey 6505 / 5150. Fender cleans, for one thing.

Not sure what the VHTs are voiced like. Haven't taken much of a listen to them before.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
From what I understand, the 5150 III is pretty different to the Peavey 6505 / 5150. Fender cleans, for one thing.

Not sure what the VHTs are voiced like. Haven't taken much of a listen to them before.

the deliverance is just awesome, single channel (no cleans) balls to the wall amp that has a texture to the OD that really changes the voicing and its not just messing with mids or something. just a magical amp... lol
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Get a Dumble...
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Any7423
Get a Dumble...

thanks for your relevant answer.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
What you really need is a KLON.

I can't believe UG hasn't suggested one yet. BPT natives must be sleeping.

I'm not up to snuff on what the VHT sounds like but MKIV wouldn't hurt.

And trashed- I finally finished up my BV mod kit. Makes the old one sound muddy as hell. I built an ABY to switch between. I'll record and compare stock vs modified when time permits.
Last edited by R45VT at Feb 25, 2012,
You have a lot of electric guitars.

What do you think about selling some and get one custom made for you??

Have you tried maybe adding a bass to your collection? I read you're gonna get a recording studio set-up, so maybe save money for mics and monitors and stuff?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 25, 2012,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks for your relevant answer.

I'm being serious, you've clearly got an inordinate amount of cash, so, why not?
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.