15 14%
I like french toast and cats but not together
68 64%
I like french toast garnished with the tails of freshly caught kittens
37 35%
Voters: 107.
Page 1 of 3
Do you?

edit: and what do you put on it? for me it's usually maple syrup, although if I feel like going into a sugar coma I'll add chocolate, strawberry, and butterscotch syrup, whipped cream, and strawberries/sweet oranges

2dit: weird people call it eggy bread

3dit: I'm not posting pics because it'll make me hungry but the rest of you can if you want

4dit: changed my mind cuz I just made this

cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Feb 24, 2012,
Ohhhhh yes
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by sam b
pics

What the hell is french toast?

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by sam b
pics

What the hell is french toast?

err what?

Oh you do know what it is >_>
Quote by sam b
Wait, you men eggy bread?

Wow, never knew it was called that. I always thought it was like eggs on bread or something. but yeah that's it
cat
Quote by WaterGod
I hate French anything.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

OT:
Never had it, but it seems gewd.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Wentelteefjes in Dutch. Weirdest translation in English if you translate it literally...

But i like em bread, bit of milk and shitloads of sugar and cinnamon
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Oh! I voted 'I've never had it' before realising it was eggy bread!

I do like myself some eggy bread now and again. And I normally don't put anything on it.
French toast is amazing!

Especially when you make it with Italian bread

<.<

>.>
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
here in france its called " the lost bread ( pain perdu)...
but yea, eggy bread rules,i like mine with some sugar on top :3
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
More like french moist.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Bacon. Crispy bacon, not like real charred/blackened crispy, but it's sorta rigid and snaps when you bite it. That and maple syrup. I've always wanted to make french toast myself, but am too lazy to ever do it.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Quote by Anchr
Wentelteefjes in Dutch. Weirdest translation in English if you translate it literally...

But i like em bread, bit of milk and shitloads of sugar and cinnamon
We should figure out what french toast is in different in different languages! In Norwegian it's "Arme Riddere" which, directly translated, means "Poor Knights"...

After some research, it appears like this name come's from the medieval german name for this vertex of cuisine: "Arme Ritter"

As for what I eat them with; jam mostly...

In fact, guitarxo, you've convinced me to have some as well
Voted all because you said "Pick One."

I love french toast.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I love french toast. I don't have it as much as I use to.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by lncognito
We should figure out what french toast is in different in different languages! In Norwegian it's "Arme Riddere" which, directly translated, means "Poor Knights"...

After some research, it appears like this name come's from the medieval german name for this vertex of cuisine: "Arme Ritter"

It's still called armer Ritter in German.
Quote by Tangerineseeker
It's still called armer Ritter in German.
And German is still medieval

Quote by lncognito

Wentelteefjes, translated pretty much literally from Dutch to English... Spiralbitches...? Something along those lines.
Weird stuff, no idea who came up with that name and what he/she's been smoking prior to it.

Another name is "Verloren/Gevonden brood" ("lost/found bread"). This name actually has a background to it. Because most people used old, dry (but bad) bread for french toast (you wouldn't dare spill food back in the days when this name was coined), they re-used it to make french toast.

Now that we're all naming our navite names for it, I don't really see any correlation between the names:

- French toast / Eggy bread
- Lost bread
- Poor knights
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
I hate french toast. I don't get why people like it. it's eggy bread.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I was enjoying my breakfast till I saw this.
Now I want french toast but have no maple syrup.
Breakfast = Ruined.
I thought French toast was that kinda dry, possibly sweet, toasted bread. Didn't realise it had eggs on it.

I don't like eggs really, so no.
Quote by Anchr
Now that we're all naming our navite names for it, I don't really see any correlation between the names:

- French toast / Eggy bread
- Lost bread
- Poor knights
Well, although none of those names have any obvious resemblance, the thought-process all of behind them seems rather obvious (well, beyond that craz9 dutch name ).

- French toast - the dish originates from France
- Eggy bread - The bread is soaked in a liquid mainly consisting of eggs
- Lost bread - The dish is often made form stale, or "lost", bread
- Poor knights - The dish is rather cheap, but still quite sublime

We should have SlackerBabbath here or something, to discuss the development of french toast, and it's linguistic properties.

Quote by Don_Humpador
I thought French toast was that kinda dry, possibly sweet, toasted bread. Didn't realise it had eggs on it.

I don't like eggs really, so no.
French toast doesn't have egg on it, silly. They have eggs in it. And it's not dry, it's soft and delicious
Quote by guitarxo

2dit: weird people call it eggy bread

I try and call it that after seeing that chefs/french people actually make theirs with some kind of batter rather than egg, cream and butter like I do. I've eaten the 'french toast' style way and it's softer and spongier, more like a fried brioche, than crunchy but soft in the middle like eggy bread.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 3